Home Forums WWII Operation Crossfire

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    War Panda
    Participant

I participated in Operation Crossfire and it was just an amazing war-gaming experience. To say it was simply enjoyable is not doing it justice. The scenario I played was just brilliant and when added to the dynamic of being part of something broader that your decisions influenced.

The process deserves at least a pair on each team. I did really struggle to maintain proper comms with my CC (Steve you were brilliant) and Lloyd while concentrating on the actual tactical process. It didn’t help that my opponent had to cancel and needed to be replaced with a real crossfire novice who needed my help with the rules (and I need a little more play time myself )

My comms were therefore very rushed and probably very inadequate…I do have to say; including the fact that I had to prepare the game and table that night and needed to start at 5:00am in western Canada here , my tired and confused state combined with all these other factors in a way this rushed disordered decision making actually added to the authenticity of the entire “simulation” J

But all of this would have been little more than sadistic torture without the amazing organization and the brilliant scenario that had such depth and favour.

Anyway can’t say enough good things about this event; I hope I get the opportunity to do this again although it wouldn’t surprise me if Lloyd has enough after what must have been pure chaos. I’d highly recommend that other wargamers should experience this type of event if they ever get the opportunity.

Many thanks to Steve (who did an amazing job of commanding the allies and of course Michael who led the enemy Hun but who added so much to the event also. And of course my thanks to Lloyd for putting all his creative energy into doing this for others. I do hope you enjoyed the event also

I’ve added a link to a report of our own game…its lengthy and probably full of mistakes because I was half asleep when I did it and I’m honestly too tired to proof read it J

All the best

http://warpanda.blogspot.ca

John

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by War Panda.

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Stuart
    Participant

Very pretty!

www.greatescapegames.co.uk ........

Loads of lovely Dead Man's Hand, Rules of Engagement, Clash of Empires, Mininatur, Model Scene Premium Grass Mats, Die Waffenkammer, Company B, Testors Dullcote, 4Ground, etc.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

War Panda:

Looks like a great game. Beautiful scenery and models. Really quite breath-taking. The sepia-tone photos were a nice touch. Where were the other players located and how did you communicate? Could they see the gaming table?

And by the way that’s some pretty cool Cthulhu stuff below your WW II posting.

Good gaming and cheers.

Rod Robertson.

Mike
    Keymaster

Wow, how much of a treat would it be to play with that lot.

Very nice work indeed.

War Panda
    Participant

Thanks guys for the comments .  The actual game I was playing was against a friend of mine but the overall operation i.e. the 13 other games being played simultaneously were played all over the world. The organizer Lloyd was situated in the UK and I believe the Allies overall Commander was there too (though I’m not certain about that.) Lloyd would let us know through emails of any changes in battle conditions: weather, traffic movement, airdrops, air support etc. Our Overall Commander could release reinforcements or reserves to us but only after we described the battle situation and convinced him of the need. The game was played from 12:00 to 16:00 GMT so with me living in AB Canada the game started at 5am 

kyoteblue
    Participant

Oh here it is. I’m getting slow in my old age… Great looking table and toys War Panda !!!!

War Panda
    Participant

So you found your way here…Thanks for the kind words Blue 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.