Home Forums WWII Operation Husky – BKCII AAR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steve Johnson
    Participant

I’ve posted an AAR of a solo game of BKCII that I played a couple of days ago:

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/operation-husky-sicily-1943.html

willz
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Steve, that was a good report.

The Society of Gentlemen Gamers are doing Operation Husky June next year a two day event with 20+ players.

http://www.societyofgentlemengamers.org/index.php

Steve Johnson
    Participant

Glad you liked it William and the event next year sounds great. Where will you be playing it?

If you can get a copy, I recommend the following book:

Herman Goring Panzer Division in Sicily Campaign Series by The Factory Publishing

Not only does it have lots of cracking photos of the division, it also has some good colour plates as well as info on markings, OOB and a general overview of the campaign. There is also some info on the Italian armour used in the campaign. I haven’t seen the Osprey book on the campaign, but that sounds pretty good as well, as one would expect from Zaloga.

NTM
    Participant

I had a flick through the osprey in Waterstones yesterday looked pretty good IMHO

Steve Johnson
    Participant

Ordered a copy yesterday. Looking forward to getting it and it may push me to finish a  Battalion of US Paras to fight against my Italians…

willz
    Participant

Steve sorry about the delay in posting been away for a few days.

The event is being held in North Yorkshire in Wilberfoss, sadly I have not been able to attend any games as work, time and distance keep getting in the way (I live in the South west).

Steve Johnson
    Participant

No problem William re: the delay. Look forward to seeing pics of it in the future.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.