Home Forums WWII Operation Martlet Pt 1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    War Panda
    Participant

Hi I’ve been running a Play-By-Email with two of our residences here. It’s been going well (I’ve been missing in Action for most of the Christmas but I think we were all busy!)

Here’s a link to the AAR

http://warpanda.blogspot.ca/

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1519/24252976706_6e1e122107_b.jpg

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by War Panda.

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Thuseld
    Participant

Nice AAR. That looks great and I love the old wrecked 250.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

War Panda!

Welcome back! You have been missed. Very interesting Bat. Rep. to date. Lovely terrain and beautiful figures as usual. I will be interested to find out why the British commander has dispersed his troops so widely. It seems that the only two things going for the Brits are being able to out maneuver the Jerries right away to put them off balance and to try to skirt  or pierce the Jerry defenses ASAP. Thus concentration of force and setting up fire lanes to stop German counter maneuver seem to be priorities. We’ll se how this turns out and it promises to be a fascinating tactical clash. Thanks for posting this lovely eye-candy. You do the hobby proud.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Hey War Panda !!!! Man those poor Brit’s are getting shot to pieces !!!!

War Panda
    Participant

Thanks guys!

Rod you know the Brits/Scots! Don’t know their ass from their elbow 😉

In fairness to the Brits they were very unlucky in the exact circumstance they were knocked out. Jerry was on his last legs when he received a fast shot of initiative.

It’s the only really unpleasant aspect of the game.  When I either row massively well for one side or horrifically badly. I was videoing the rolls at one point 🙂 That brings me to a question I have. Is there a program that you can send the players that would record the first roll or could  be witnessed? or do these things always come down to trust?

If it boils down to trust then I’m doing the rolling; and it’s not that I don’t trust them both. It’s that I really don’t trust them both 😉

We’ll have to see how they fare 😉

War Panda
    Participant

Found one:

http://www.pbegames.com/roller/

Shaun Travers
    Participant

John,

We don’t trust you either!

But then, where else but in a wargame do you instinctively not trust the umpire 🙂

I think we can all relate to really good and really bad die rolling so I do not mind at all (unless it is Jack getting all the good rolls).

kyoteblue
    Participant

Oh the horror….

Just Jack
    Participant

Well, well, well, so Panda has taken this before the international community in order to attempt to garnish some sympathy for his blatant collusion with that Naz-tralian, Herr Travers.

Yes, quite unfortunate wasn’t it, Panda?  Quite incredible if you ask me, but you wouldn’t, would you? 😉

It’s alright, victory will be all the more sweet when I vanquish the Germans AND the Umpire!  Swine!

Talk to you all later, I’m about to post a batrep.

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.