Home Forums General Game Design Optio VASSAL module overview

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve spent some time putting the finishing touches on a VASSAL module for Optio. A post on my blog gives an overview of how the module works.

VASSAL (for anyone unfortunate enough not to know) offers a free programming kit to produce anything resembling a board game, which is played online in real time or by email. Their site offer hundreds of modules for free (including notables like Memoir ’44). Well worth taking a look. Playing online is easy and works especially well combined with a WhatsApp call. I play Professor Phil Sabin that way (he lives in Chile now). No need to live a lonely life as a solitary wargamer.

The only limitations are no animations, no AI and you have to supply your own artwork.

The Optio module is available for free download here. I would be delighted if anyone is interested in playing me online. You will receive the venerable distinction of becoming an Official Playtester, and your name will be inscribed in the Optio rulebook to your immortal fame. No money in it though. Sorry. ๐Ÿ˜•

https://wargamingwithoutdice.blogspot.com/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.