Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Orange is the new black.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Thuseld Thuseld 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Matthew Hipkin
    Participant

Painted up a test miniature for a new commission this morning. I had primed it the previous day and it hasn’t been matt varnished yet. This took me two and a half hours while live streaming on Twitch today (https://m.twitch.tv/wikkiddevil if anyone is interested).

My client has approved the colour scheme, so there are thirteen more to do.

The mini’s are Prang from https://theionage.com

OldBen1
    OldBen1
    Participant

Nice color choice.  Reminds me of the toads from Bucky O’Hare!

Matthew Hipkin
    Participant

I had to google Bucky O’Hare, but your right 🤣

Thuseld
    Thuseld
    Participant

What do you talk about while live streaming painting?

Matthew Hipkin
    Participant

It depends on who’s in chat and what comes up in conversation really.

It usually centres around hobby stuff, but music, family, random ‘stuff’, general chitchat. Life, the universe, and everything else, with the exclusion of politics and religion.

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Nothing says sci-fi like orange.

I remember Bucky O’Hare.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I really like the scheme, looks great!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Thuseld
    Thuseld
    Participant

It depends on who’s in chat and what comes up in conversation really. It usually centres around hobby stuff, but music, family, random ‘stuff’, general chitchat. Life, the universe, and everything else, with the exclusion of politics and religion.

Interesting. How many viewers do you tend to get? I tend to watch gaming related streams where the conversation focuses around the game and there can be stretches where you are just watching the game unfold with very little commentary. I am intrigued by hosting a live stream where a miniature is being painted and someone is talking over that.

Matthew Hipkin
    Participant

It depends on who’s in chat and what comes up in conversation really. It usually centres around hobby stuff, but music, family, random ‘stuff’, general chitchat. Life, the universe, and everything else, with the exclusion of politics and religion.

Interesting. How many viewers do you tend to get? I tend to watch gaming related streams where the conversation focuses around the game and there can be stretches where you are just watching the game unfold with very little commentary. I am intrigued by hosting a live stream where a miniature is being painted and someone is talking over that.

I’m new to streaming so I only get a couple of viewers at the moment. The more established painters regularly see 70+

Thuseld
    Thuseld
    Participant

I’m new to streaming so I only get a couple of viewers at the moment. The more established painters regularly see 70+

I am fascinated by this. There is a major Starcraft 2 tournament being streamed today but I suspect I will be looking for a painter to watch while I write my school reports tonight.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.