Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Force on Force Overwatch question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all, I’ve done those questions of the FB page of Ambush Alley games… but I didn’t get much… so I’m hoping that here someone can help me:)

FoF – Overwatch question: I have one initiative unit (alpha) that’s going to move from one building to another, a second initiative unit (beta) is on Overwatch. Two non-initiative units (gamma and delta both LOS on alpha and beta) declare that they’re going to shoot at alpha, gamma’s nearest to alpha. Is this procedure correct?
    1- Beta does an successful initiative check vs gamma with a +1 on dice roll (unopposed, so the roll will miss only on 1-2). FP combat is solved with beta going first.
    2- Beta does a 2nd successful initiative check vs delta with a +1 roll on initiative and a -1FP with beta going first
    3- Overwatch complete, now alpha, gamma and delta rolls an opposed initiative check starting with the nearest to alpha if they’re able to do so.

Is this correct?

2nd one.

A Technical with a Cal.50, how many FP dice has? 1 (Base) + 3 for the Hvy support weapon?
    And a dismounted Cal.50 with 2 crewman? 5? (1 for each crew + 3)

Thanks a lot

Mattia

Thanks!

Participant

I think that the third action is incorrect. Gamma and Delta, if survive, complete their reactions. Then you must roll the alpha initiative check first, then, after beta fired, compare the inititive checks of alpha, gamma, delta.

Technicals AP:4/AT:1 (L)

Support weapon AP:5/AT:1 (L)

Participant

Bit late  to the party Mattia  but Actions 1,2,& 3 look incorrect to me.

“..initiative unit (alpha) that’s going to move from one building to another, a second initiative unit (beta) is on Overwatch. Two non-initiative units (gamma and delta both LOS on alpha and beta) declare that they’re going to shoot at alpha, ..”

1. Beta can attempt to interrupt Gamma – Both roll TQ die with appropriate bonus’ – If Beta win reaction test they fire on Gamma first. Depending on troop quality and result of the round of fire, ie if Gamma survive, and are able, they may now attempt to interrupt Alpha (see 2)
      -If Beta lose reaction test (but don’t fail the test) Gamma are able to attempt to interrupt Alpha (see 2). After that reaction and firing is resolved Beta then fire on Gamma (if it still exists & in LOS)
    2. Gamma, if able, now attempt to interrupt Alpha – reactions & firing resolved – if not able, go straight to 3 !
    3. Beta now take on Delta, as above at 1, with -1FP penalties applied to firing when it comes to it.
      (Note: If Beta had ‘failed test’ against Gamma they would have fallen off OW and not have been able to engage Delta.)
    4. Should Alpha survive all this it may finish its movement and fire (minus any penalties accrued from the interruptions).

You will note this works slightly differently to resolving chains of actions & reactions due to OW reaction and successful OW fire taking place before the unit being defended makes its reaction test.

All this is on p. 65 – 71 of FoF rules.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.