Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming P-51 Combat air patrol, random enemies.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Being a single-player guy, it’s fun tricking yourself. I’ve been playing around with some very basic scripting, creating random enemy spawns on start-up.

In this mission I have 8 random groups that can spawn in, some are K4, some are D9 and some are A8, they are placed around the area I’m flying, some higher, some at the same altitude, and some lower come intersecting my flight path from behind, left or right, some coming straight for us, some flying parallel etc.

8 worked well for a test, but you can add 20-100 if you really like, you can also make it so 2 or more groups spawn in, or a group spawn in if another group is destroyed. This is nothing new for the Mission editor experts but a fun toy for us n00bs. It also helps that I have a terrible memory. I was fighting some Fw190As that came in from the back right side of us, and only after like 4 minutes of fighting did I realize that this was the group where I have 3 enemies and not just 2. Even tho I made the mission like 40 minutes earlier. I had forgotten where I had put what.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.