Home Forums General General Painting Services

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

For those of you that use them. What sort of stuff do you get done and to what sort of finish?

Just asking for a friend   😉

Angel Barracks

Or to phrase it another way, if I offered a painting service, what would you expect from it?

Grimheart
    Participant

What i send out depends on what i am struggling to paint, and how slowly it is going due to time constraints.

At the moment i am considering getting a painter for some warlords 32mm ish doctor who figures (while i paint the easy cybermen and daleks!)

Also some 30mm black scorpion old west figures as there will be another bunch from their ks on the way soonish.

All my 6mm stuff, ww2 and sci fi, i paint myself although i did get a couple of small fantasy armies painted some years back.

If i ever get around to starting the planned 10mm projects i may send those out.

As to quality its hard to define as i prefer to see examples of the potential painters style and then if i like it i leave them a fair degree of lattitude.

I would expect better than “average wargaming” standard though (ie better than i can paint!) as no reason to pay for something i can do myself.

Interest include 6mm WW2, 6mm SciFi, 30mm Old West, DropFleet, Warlords Exterminate and others!

Angel Barracks

So, looking around at painting services, the price varies even more than the quality.

I am thinking:

50p for infantry  and £3.00 for a tank sized vehicle in 6mm.

£1.00 for infantry and £2.00 for cavalry in 10mm.

£1.50 for infantry and £3.00 cavalry in 15mm.

I will get some images sorted asap but in the mean time, if you are interested and have possibly seen my work online then please drop me a mail.

NOT looking for huge commissions to start with, need to break myself in gently.

THOSE PRICES ARE ESTIMATES AS COMPLEXITY OF PAINT SCHEME MAY INCREASE OR DECREASE THE COSTS.

Eric Schmitz
    Participant

I have used a couple of different painting services.  I look for different levels of quality, tabletop, wargamer, and collector standards, and have the rank and file troops painted at tabletop, the leaders at wargamers, and the general or other important pieces at collector.  Pictures of previous work are nice.  good communication is essential, as is a large collection of Ospreys or similar (if painting historicals).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.