Home Forums General Blogs Painting Yellows How To

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hideyoshi
    Participant

I have been asked many times lately on social media (Facebook and Twitter) how I go about painting a yellow. Rather then repeat myself constantly on many posts, usually with all too brief and unsatisfactory answer, I thought I would do a quick post on how I go about painting yellows would be the way forward.

The full article, Painting Yellows How To, can be found on my blog here:
    http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2022/04/painting-yellows-how-tostep-by-step.html

Mike
    Keymaster

Thanks for that!

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

They are super and the yellows really pop.

Ever tried pink as an undercoat? My daughter and I saw a video on YouTube and he used this – the results where not as bright as your but way better than we managed – not yet tried it though with my new pot I got as a gift (AK Interactive).

Hideyoshi
    Participant

Thanks for that!

You’re welcome Mike.

They are super and the yellows really pop. Ever tried pink as an undercoat? My daughter and I saw a video on YouTube and he used this – the results where not as bright as your but way better than we managed – not yet tried it though with my new pot I got as a gift (AK Interactive).

Actually no. I did a Fine Art degree and I’m very familiar with colour theory (actually now colour Globes!) but apart from the very basics I do not find it very useful in painting up armies.

For single competition pieces, yeah, it may well win you a prize but it can get in the way of pumping out miniatures for playing wargames.

Tony S
    Participant

In my French armies, both Napoleonic and Marburlian, yellow coated regiments are somewhat over represented.  I’ve always liked the look of a yellow uniform!

Admittedly not quite as well painted as yours, but I certainly appreciate the tutorial you put together.  Now, to find an excuse to use my new knowledge!

Hideyoshi
    Participant

In my French armies, both Napoleonic and Marburlian, yellow coated regiments are somewhat over represented. I’ve always liked the look of a yellow uniform! Admittedly not quite as well painted as yours, but I certainly appreciate the tutorial you put together. Now, to find an excuse to use my new knowledge!

There seems to be come interest in a tutorial so I’ll get to it ASAP.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.