Home Forums WWII Panzer Kids Eastern Front

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Griffon86
    Participant

John over at the 54mm or Fight! blog posted an after-action report of an Eastern Front Panzer Kids game he ran with his son. He offers a great first-hand demonstration of using a fairly simple game system (suitable for kids and wargaming newcomers) for a historical scenario and, with a few optional rules to add depth, creating a game experience that challenges kids to use their critical thinking skills in an enjoyable, engaging way.

I’m an advocate of basic wargames for kids and newcomers as well as using games for learning. This is a great example of both, with the added benefits of disengaging from electronic devises and spending some quality family time together.

Griffon86

griffonpubstudio.blogspot.com
    hobbygamesrecce.blogspot.com

Mike
    Keymaster

Nice.

ian pillay
    Participant

Well done, nice AAR. I know exactly what you mean when trying to get them playing games with physical pieces rather than computer generated characters. I guess they will call us and the hobby retro one day.

Tally-Ho!

Russell Phillips
    Participant

I’m a fan of Panzer Kids. I play it with my eight year old daughter 🙂 My wife and I are both board gamers and role-players. We’ve always played board games and RPGs with our kids, so moving onto miniature wargames was a logical development for me.

Military history author

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.