Home Forums General General Photo bucket 3rd party hosting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    willz
    Participant

Afternoon ladies and gents, I notice that Photobucket has deiced to charge for 3rd party hosting.  Which is strange as they sold the idea of free posting photo’s several years ago, so I am all confused.  So apology’s for the disappearance of my photo’s from the various topics on the forum, I believe I can load photo’s direct from my computer to the forum.

Down side loss of previous photo’s as a reference for all and sundry, upside I can re-post old photo’s and convince you they are new.  However I don’t think I will go through my old post and change the photo’s to a different source.

So if anyone has a free photo hosting site they can recommend I would be grateful.

Will.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Yeah I got caught in that too. But it’s their server so they can do what they want. I deleted my account. A bit of a hassle, but Mike has graciously allowed us to post our photos directly, so no harm done in the long run!

willz
    Participant

Yeah I got caught in that too. But it’s their server so they can do what they want. I deleted my account. A bit of a hassle, but Mike has graciously allowed us to post our photos directly, so no harm done in the long run!

Yes I shall deleting my account forthwith.

Etranger
    Participant

There’s a work around, at least until PB catches on. Type ~original after the .jpg suffix & the photo will display.

zippyfusenet
    Participant

I’ve always used Yahoo’s flickr for photo hosting. However, uploading directly to TWW is good too.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.