Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Pizza base hills……..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Iain Fuller
    Participant

Hello all,

I had a bit of a Eureka moment today and wanted to share it – very much a have a go and see if it works thing but I’m quietly surprised/pleased with the results, not going to win awards or owt but effective none the less I reckon : Pizza base hills for 6mm figures!

https://tracksandthreads.wordpress.com/2015/10/09/workbench-no-3-pizza-hills/

Sorry about not putting pictures up but don’t have a photobucket or whatever it is you need to do so, and just as easy to use a link?

Mike
    Keymaster

You can share the images from your blog here.
    Go to your blog and right click on an image, then copy image URL.
    That is what you need to post into the IMG tab on here.

Like this:

Iain Fuller
    Participant

Cheers Mike, I’m quite a luddite really and do need telling!

Nick the Lemming
    Participant

Is this where I have to give my rant about how Luddites weren’t anti-technology again?

(They were anti-bad boss. There were a lot of factories where several bosses would own machinery together to save on costs, and where Luddites would go in and smash the machines of the bad bosses (ones who refused to pay their workers the agreed rate, or decided that safety apparatus would be better dismantled because if it interfered with the efficiency of the machinery even it it maimed or killed the workers operating it) and leave the machinery of good bosses alone. There’s a great discussion of it all in EP Thompson’s The Making of the English Working Class. Basically, the government at the time banned trade unions, and the Luddites appeared as if from nowhere and took action against bad bosses. Then the government decided to relent and allowed unions again, and the Luddites vanished into thin air. It’s almost like the two things were connected.)

Nick the Lemming
    Participant

Oh, and nice hills by the way. ๐Ÿ™‚

Iain Fuller
    Participant

Nick, I apologise, I should’ve said techno-dunce or some such. As someone who has read The Making of the English Working Class and whose dad was a trade unionist I should know better! Consider me telt.*

And thanks about the hills.

(* Before anyone starts: ‘telt’ is a dialect form of ‘told’ from West Cumbria, I always use it for when reprimanded as that’s what me Mam and Nanna would say!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.