Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Planets, asteroids, and such

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sam Mustafa
    Participant

I’m looking for recommendations for planets, moons, asteroids, and other “space terrain.”   Anybody care to recommend companies that produce good ones?

I remember seeing some time ago a “moon” model that was a hemisphere, so that it lay flat on the table, and then had a nice circular, pocked and cratered surface.  I’d love to get something like that.

Mike
    Keymaster

I have seen some stuff that may work in children’s bookstores.
    Books with plastic planets as spheres and as hemispheres too.

irishserb
    Participant

Most of what I’ve seen has been home-made stuff.  Both spheres and hemispheres from craft store foam for moons and planets.  Also some asteroids and odd shaped moons from irregular shaped chunks of foam.  Some neat, but simple texturing with spackle or other putty and paint.  Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

James Rivera
    Participant

You might consider asking this question over at Star-Ranger’s forum.  Those guys are the best source I’ve found for starship gaming related questions and are always very friendly and helpful.  Might even be able to do a search over there and find a previous thread or manufacturer without having to ask.

http://www.star-ranger.com/forum/

Good luck, and if you do find something, maybe let us know here, I’d sure be interested.

James

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.