Home Forums WWII Platoon Action – Normandy 1944

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    piers brand
    Participant

First playtest at the weekend of a WW2 set of rules I’m are working on with a view to perhaps publishing next year.

Was a fun game… The Germans got the upper hand, and gained ground by covering their advance with smoke, and getting their LMG teams into positions to lay down heavy suppressing fire, with a large proportion of the British units constantly pinned down, the Germans managed to capture all three objectives for a win.

The British suffered from a bit of bad luck and a failed assault saw them put on the defensive and some truly awful dice rolls stopped their commander from rallying his men who seemed to sensibly keep their heads down as the German MGs raked the houses with fire. The highlight for the British was the German medic rushing to the aid of the single German sMG42 team and tripping a booby trap as he entered a house which killed him instantly. Sadly for the British one of their men also trod on a mine which gutted a rifle team with several casualties.

Fun game… and a very positive start.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by piers brand.
    Rod Robertson
    Participant

Piers:

What a beautiful set-up and figures. You really do an outstanding job and are, in my humble opinion, one of the finest ambassadors for this hobby. One can quickly run out of superlatives when commenting on your work so I will just say thank you for your wonderful contributions which inspire and delight. Bravo sir!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I want to play on your table…sure I would lose but it would be worth it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.