Home Forums Medieval Playing Lion Rampart Solo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Derek Clark
    Participant

Hi

I am very new to wargaming and have settled on European medieval skirmish actions in 28mm as my interest. I think Lion Rampart should suit me as a ruleset not least because thanks to a game with one of the play testers recently I found it is fairly easy for a beginner to understand. Also, I like the humour that runs through it.

I have read solo play books by Asquith & Featherstone and I subscribe to Lone Warrior but thought there must be people here who will be playing these rules, and have ideas for playing them solo that could be of help to me and others like me.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Steve Johnson
    Participant

I think the unit activation, and the uncertainty that it causes, will help in solo games. That is certainly the case with Dux Bellorum. I intend to play these rules solo in the main, so will feedback some thoughts when I’ve had a proper run out of the rules.

Derek Clark
    Participant

Thanks Steve

That will be a great help.

Mike
    Keymaster

Not familiar with them, but yes any game that has some element of fog of war, be it random activation or similar will certainly make a solo game that much more enjoyable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.