Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Police and SAS find Granny in Dedburgh – Zombie Game -Akulas Rules (modified)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alan Hamilton
    Participant

Using the same terrain as last time (I have been to busy to clear it up) the boys have had another game.

Rescue Granny while the Police Hunt for Survivors

In this game Uncle Al drew the Special Forces Mission Card to rescue “Granny”.

Aiden (age 7) drew the Police mission card to searc for survivors in the sector of Dedburgh not searched in the last game.

Starting positions

Aiden deploys his policemen in all round defence.  He asked for a driver as an extra figure because he wanted to use the car and kind Grandad said OK

The car was left switched off so it did not attract zombies.  But the first house checked was occupied by zombies.  Aiden made sure that the doors and windows were secure and left them there as a fast zombie ran in to the attack.

His next house was empty but zombies from nearby shambled to the attack.  The gateway was held by the gallant PC Clubman with shield and Z-Baton.  PC Snypur was ready to help while PC Findum checked the buildings.

The stealthy SAS at the other end of Main Street clear the first compound.  This takes some time as there aew zombies close by.

PC Findum rescued two survivors and the team walks quietly across the road.  But Zombies close in.

Suddenly a banner flaps from a window. Survivors upstairs!

But fast zombies run in to the attack and bonce off PC Clubman’s shield and are slain by his baton.

The SAS are still checking buildings and tackling zombies.

WPC Speedwaye tries to start the car attracting the unwelcome attention of nearby zombies

Pursued by zombies the police move into the compound but the red car cannot be moved.

The SAS have been stealthily active searching buildings while the police have been attracting the zombies.  Eventually they find the scientist with “Granny”.

The police clear the outbuildings and find more survivors and some zombies

Three very agressive zombies attack killing a survivor.

The police car now arrives and places itself between the approaching zombies and the survivors.

At the back of the group one of the zomies rises from the dead and attacks the policeman.

And the police car runs over a spike and bursts a tyre but the driver ignores it and drives on.

A horde of zombies overwhelms a gallant survivor who was acting as rearguard.

And while the zombies engage in a feeding frenzy the police and the survivors flee spraying the horde with bullets.

The SAS had a quiet but successful game even though hardly anyone noticed them!  Well I suppose that was to be expected.   They rescued the scientist and “Granny” as well as three other survivors.   Aiden played his policemen very well rescuing 11 survivors but losing two of them to the zombies.  The SAS though heavily armed did not fire a shot.  Aiden’s police did not shoot until they had to cover their withdrawal.

More from Dedburgh soon.

greg954
    Participant

Thanks for the AAR. I enjoyed reading it and great set up too. You can’t beat a good zombie game.

Moneybox
    Participant

Another fun game, I recognise the figures. If you want more, Warlord make a set of plastic male zombies which are very well made. Sometimes they have a sprue sale, and if you sub to their newsletter they tell you when there are offers.

We can be heroes just for 1 day...............

Alan Hamilton
    Participant

Another fun game, I recognise the figures. If you want more, Warlord make a set of plastic male zombies which are very well made. Sometimes they have a sprue sale, and if you sub to their newsletter they tell you when there are offers.

There are Wargames Factory/Warlord male & female zombies (Project Z) in there as well as some Mantic and Zombicide ones.  The survivors come from Hasslefree (bought when I could afford them), Wargames factory/Warlord (Project Z), Heroclix, Foundry and many others that fit.

I bought some half price sprues last year and I’m going to convert some into bodies for scenic and plot items.

Thuseld
    Participant

This tempts me to splash out on 28mm miniatures. I won some of those Wargame foundry zombies at Gencon back in 2012 but never did anything with them. My problem is where to store the terrain. I don’t have space for a village of 28mm buildings.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.