Home Forums General General Popular Genres

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m a ‘historical gamer’, WTFTI, and I don’t have periods.

…I don’t have regular outbreaks of pointless pedantry either. Perhaps there’s a correlation?

I’m an historical gamer, and I have frequent, if not necessarily regular, outbreaks of pointless pedantry.

Until ten minutes ago I think I would have stared blankly in response to a query as to what “genres” I played, and probably interpreted it as intended to distinguish between computer, board, and miniatures games.

ProTip: another fine way to wind up old fogeys like me is to refer to the national armed forces fighting in WW2 as “factions”. WTFTA.

Now you kids GOML, or I’ll throw more unglosssed ETLAs at you.

All the best,

John.

Participant

Primarily sci fi because of flexibility in scenarios (ImagiNations and low/s&s fantasy as an alternative).
    But DBA was my original love. So all sorts over the years but never WWI and only two short periods WWII.

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

Participant

Is pedantry pointless?

If pedantry is ‘excesive concern with minor details and rules’ then ‘pointless pedantry’ seems a tautology?

On the other hand the absence of concern for detail and rules leads to inexactitude.

I love TLAs, but Enterprise Term License Agreements being hurled across lawns seems excessive to me.

As for ‘Factions’ etc – flogging is too good for them

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.