Home Forums WWII Pot pourri

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Etranger 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ochoin
    Ochoin
    Participant

I’m working on my PSC Sextons. These are the first PSC vehicles I’ve bought & I must say I’m impressed.

They’re quite detailed, easy to assemble but best of all, robust.

My soft skin & armour collection for my late war NW Europe is a heterogeneous collection of kits, resin & die-cast. No real rhyme or rhythm, just what was available.

I suppose they might even look odd.

I do know if I was at the start of creating my WW2 forces, instead of towards the end, I’d go with PSC all the way.

donald

zippyfusenet
    Participant

Looks good. That’s a nice, big table for a 20mm WWII game. You appear to be another plastic kit modeller who plays with his toys. Good for you. Put whatever you have built on the table for a game. The original combatants sure did.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Jemima Fawr
    Jemima Fawr
    Participant

Popery?!  Burn the heretic!

Oh… As you were, carry on…

My wargames blog: http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/

Ochoin
    Ochoin
    Participant

Popery?! Burn the heretic!

I think you’re confused with a poppery: AKA a hot air pop corn popper.

Never wise to burn the kernels.

donald

grizzlymc
    grizzlymc
    Participant

No, who would command the regiments?

Chris Pringle
    Participant
    Ochoin
    Ochoin
    Participant

I’ve had a bit of a look around but I can’t seem to find anything: what colour were the inside of ww2 british armoured vehicles; specifically Sextons?

The PSC models are excellent & the construction instructions OK but painting information is sketchy.

donald

Etranger
    Participant

The rule of thumb was that open topped vehicles were painted the same inside and out, so the exterior colour (officially SCC19 Olive Drab for a Sexton)  http://patrickbaty.co.uk/2011/10/05/wartime-camouflage-colours/carries over to the  interior. The only major exception would be where the exterior was repainted but the interior wasn’t.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Etranger.
    grizzlymc
    grizzlymc
    Participant

Which, in the case of a Sexton, might be the brown that preceeded SCC 19.

Etranger
    Participant

Possible, but the Sextons used in NW Europe came from later batches & were manufactured in Canada. They may even have been in US Olive Drab.

The inside of a preserved Sexton, although I’ve no idea whether or when it’s been repainted or not. My take on this is that the original scheme was probably SCC19, which was known to fade to a brown colour when exposed to the sun and weathered for a while, as on the more exposed surface on the left. The more sheltered (& possibly canvas covered) areas are distinctly greenish.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.