Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Pre-Dreadnought Rules

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rory crabbrory crabb
    Participant

I’ve been working on a set of later ironclad and pre-dreadnought naval rules. They are available to download on my website. I’m looking for any feedback, both positive and negative people have.

It would be great if people try to play a few games with the rules as I am short on play testers.

https://rorycrabb.wordpress.com/downloads/

Many thanks in advance.

Rory

Rules Junkie JimRules Junkie Jim
    Participant

I’ll try and get a proper look at it over the weekend, naval gaming in the 1880s is a particularly annoying itch of mine that’s proving difficult to scratch – this period tends to fall between the two stools of ironclad and predreadnought rules,Β Β at the moment I’m using Ironclads and Ether Flyers.

Not Connard SageNot Connard Sage
    Participant

I’ve an observation. It’s really nitpicky, but that’s wargaming for you πŸ˜‰

In the ship lists, all the factors seem to be the same for every similar ship class of every nation.

For example the pre-Dreadnoughts all appear to have:

Max Speed: 7”

Turn Rating: 1
    Crew Quality: 10
    Armour: Belt: B, Deck C
    Hull: 40/30
    Fire: 30
    Flood: 40/35
    Yeah, I know. Pedantic. πŸ˜‰

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

rory crabbrory crabb
    Participant

Hi thanks for having a look.

The ship lists are still at an early stage and haven’t been fully researched yet. Eventually all the characteristics should be unique to each ship.

Rory<!–more–>

Not Connard SageNot Connard Sage
    Participant

Cool.

I shall eventually get around to actually reading the rules. Thanks for posting them πŸ™‚

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.