Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Pre Dreadnoughts in the Adriatic

This topic contains 45 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by MattH MattH 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Thomaston
    Participant

And I thought ypu used photoshop filters.

Tired is enough.

MattH
    MattH
    Participant

Ha! That would be cheating.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

But hey, balance is overrated, war is hell!

Indeed sir!  I particularly like games that portray that, as if the war strategy is for both sides to be equal and to “fight fair” then you’re doing it wrong!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

MattH
    MattH
    Participant

Had the pre-dreads out again this week. I’ve been trying to work out how much command/crew bonus to give the Austrians to even out the fleets, as it’s been a bit overpowered in my last tries and the Italians have been trounced. So just to get a sense of the baseline I ran a game with all the crews and commanders set to zero. The result: all Austrian ships sunk, no Italian ships lost, though some were heavily damaged and withdrew.

No AAR I’m afraid, but I think the pics make it clear enough

Thomaston
    Participant

Very impressive. Like how you did the smoke.

Tired is enough.

MattH
    MattH
    Participant

Thanks Thomaston. By the way I was going back over this this thread and I noticed you posted this back in November last year, which I totally missed at the time:

Have you seen or tried these rules? They’re by the same guy, not sure if they’re the level of complexity you’re looking for. Coal, and the Kaiser Togo meant for Russo-Japanese war but you should be able to make your own stats. Gun charts are more difficult, the WWII version Surface Action has scenarios with Italian ships and guns and should help with that.

Thanks for the links – those look promising. I will try and take the Togo rules for a spin very soon.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.