Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Print lines good?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

As some of you may have read somewhere, I am slowly (as is my way) working on some hover vehicles with skirts.

I have a printed skirt here:

Ink wash to show the lines:

It does have striations on it (print lines), normally I would clean these up before making a mould.
    But I am wondering, when making a hoverskirt, would they be best left on to show some texture?
    Or do you expect hoverskirts to be smooth?

Norm S
    Participant

Very nice.

Re the print lines, I don’t know whether it is the way the light is falling, but the flanks look more like a rubberised texture, but the front is showing very regular lines, which do not look natural and might be confused with mould lines.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Norm S.
    Rules Junkie Jim
    Participant

Hmmm, I’m not sure – they don’t look bad, but I reckon they’d be better with a smoother finish.

I’ll tell you one thing for certain: I’m very interested to know what’s going in the middle bit.

Alvin Molethrottler
    Participant

I’m inclined to agree with Norm, the striations are too regular. I prefer smooth skirts on girls and hover tanks 😉

Gaz045
    Participant

I thought it was an OKI hot tub…………..

"Even dry tree bark is not bitter to the hungry squirrel"

Alvin Molethrottler
    Participant

I thought it was an OKI hot tub…………..

An OKI hot tub of love?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYhNHRSfSmQ

irishserb
    Participant

I would say that it is function of the vehicle design.  If they are a metallic, ceramic or other rigid surface, I then I would expect them to be smooth, or segmented maybe.  If they are fabric, rubberized, or some flexible material, then there is a greater likelihood that they would have some sort of texture.  How do you see them?

I think that it looks fine with the lines.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

I don’t mind the lines to be honest, they could easily be sanded down if you felt it necessary!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.