Home Forums Modern QRF 15mm "Old" Modern US Infantry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

I knocked out another modern 15mm force, this time some US troops from the Desert Storm/Somalia era, and I did them up in a very simple rendition of the old ‘chocolate chip’ pattern, to include the flak jacket covers and ruck sack covers. These guys are from QRF, and they’re some pretty old models, discontinued as a matter of fact; if anyone knows a way, I’d love to get my hands on about another thirty of them in a mix of rifles, SAWs, and 203s.

If we’re honest, the figures are not the best, most crisp sculpts around, but they are favorites of mine. Why? Because the poses have a lot of character, and they have ‘The Look.’ What look? Well, I was in the US Marines from 94-04, and later we got the MARPAT uniforms with MOLLE gear, but up until about 2001 we looked just like these guys. I love the giant packs, the bulky gear, the bulky uniforms; every time I see these guys I can picture us coming off a -53 of out of a track, humping all out crap in some foreign land (or even some domestic training area!). So I really love these QRF “Old” Modern US Infantry, and would love to get enough to do up a force in woodland camo.

The whole force, 27 badasses looking to rock and roll. I only have enough of these guys to do up one force, and I was really torn whether to go desert or woodland; ultimately I went desert, figuring I’d get more use out of them with all the modern-ish stuff going on in desert climes.

To see the rest of the pics, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2016/02/qrf-15mm-old-modern-us-infantry.html

Well, that’s the whole force, really wish I had enough for a woodland camo version. I’ve got some more forces that I’ve finished and need to photo/post, and my son and I played two games this past weekend, so stay tuned.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Those came out so much better than my crap paint jobs !!!! Glad I sent them to ya Just Jack,

Just Jack
    Participant

Thanks John, they turned out alright.

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.