Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Quar – 28mm Croftyran Royal Marines

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Average
    Participant

Bucking the trend of half a lifetime, I’m taking a shot at the ridiculously huge scale of 28mm.  Very few projects could drag me to this scale, but this one can: the Quar.

He’s armed with the same trusty Harlech Long Rifle, but this rhyfler is no run of the mill Quar – he’s a Croftyran Royal Marine.  He’s part of an expeditionary force drawn from Croftyr’s hardy, conservative, traditionalistic and fanatically loyal Inischolese subjects.  The Royal Marine Expeditionary Force has mustered a Freywilgh of four Catrawds and a flotilla of their fastest warships to break the Crusader blockade and, hopefully, land north of Crusader lines on the shores of Maer Braech.  He’s wearing the tan and blue uniform issued for this expedition, instead of the more conventional all-blue tunic of the Croftyran forces, or the all-white Marine uniform.  It will be a strange mission for him – the Marine force will be on the ground for an extended period.  It is possibly the most ambitious amphibious action undertaken in Croftyran history.

The site of one of the most hard-fought Royalist defeats in the Crusade, the dry valleys of Maer Braech still reportedly simmer with anti-Crusader resentment, and the Crymuster hopes the Marine force will be able to link up with partisan forces to outflank the Crusaders and allow for a major counteroffensive to break their trench lines.  It’s a major gamble that could mean the difference between victory and defeat for the Royalist cause in Croftyr.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I have always liked the Quar, and yet never gotten any.  You’ve got a great looking figure there, keep at it and maybe you can drag me into yet another project!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Mr. Average
    Participant

I eagerly await the 15mm remasters.  They look really good.  In the meantime, I have like two regiments of 6mm Quar I never finished, but should.  Now that I have a color scheme that stands up and works, I may do a double.

Oddly enough, these are pretty much the only 28mm figures that I have, too!

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.