Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Quatre Bras – A Black Powder 200th Anniversary AAR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve Johnson
    Participant

My first foray into Napoleonics was via Black Powder on the 200th Anniversary of the battle of Quatre Bras.  Details on my blog, but it was a great first game:

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/quatre-bras-black-powder-200th.html

kyoteblue
    Participant

Like the Minion !!!!

Norm S
    Participant

Nice report. I like the end of game conclusions. I know you got timed out and it was a first Napleonics game and you were recording moves etc, but how long did it take to get as far as you did?

Steve Johnson
    Participant

Hi Norm,

I think we played for about 2 1/2 hours. Normally Dave arrives by around 7.00pm, so we normally get going by 7.30pm and aim to finish by 10.00pm at the latest as it’s a ‘school day’. We find these sort of games give a nice challenge, with enough troops to keep things moving, but not too many to bog things down. Certainly with the Napoleonic period you can get more troops on the table as they are much more mobile than the SYW. If we’d had this many troops for a SYW game very little would have happened other than a traffic jam of troops.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.