Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Force on Force Question on improvised vehicle stats

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m writing a scenario which includes irregular forces making use of a heavy flatbed truck (2.5m W x 10m L), equipped with 1 x HMG and 2x GPMGs on the tray. I envisage there’s be improvised steel-plate armour bolted to the cab, and protective sandbags fixed to the tray with wire mesh. I am thinking that I am going to treat the cab as armoured, and any weapon operators on the tray as having Improved Cover (+2 cover dice). My question is:

1. Does that sound reasonable?

2. If so, what armour dice would you give for heavy steel plate bolted to a truck cabin? I was thinking something along the lines of 1d8 or 2d6- does that seem in the ballpark?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Participant

Normally I use the soft skin up-armored statistics, that are 1d8 on all sides.

And, yes, the use of Improved Cover is ok, for me.

Participant

The vehicle you describe sounds similar to the US Ground Mobility Vehicle ‘Dumvee’ for which there are up-armoured stats in Appx 4 of the FoF book.
    Looking at up-armoured soft-skin vehicle stats in the book it seems most get 2D6. As it’s an up-armoured vehicle any small arms attack FP is halved – rounded down. (p.86)
    The tray’s sandbag cover would rate as solid cover +1, it’s not solid cover improved by sandbags to rate +2, though perhaps you could claim +1 ‘in cover’ bonus to boost up crew protection..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.