Home Forums Modern Questions on Five Core Rules

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ivan, I’m trying to put some counters together for markers for Five Core Company and the combat rules have me stymied.

First of all, are combat results for infantry and armored vehicles supposed to be the same? Or are they different in some way? It’s not clear from the text. In particular, are “nervous” and “withdraw” supposed to be the same things as “flinch” and “bail”? Do tanks get a -1 in an assault for being “pinned”? Do they “hunker down” when they withdraw, getting a -2 in assault?

Can “Men Down” and “Cowering” units roll to activate on the immediately following friendly player turn? Or, like “Pinned”, “Hunkered Down” units, do they have to wait a turn first before trying to activate?

I haven’t got “Brigade Commander” yet, but it seems to me that, ayt the company level, you could just make the combat results the same for all units.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Cheers TB

The combat results are supposed to be the same yes.
    Originally, the assault penalties were not supposed to apply to tanks but I changed my mind on that. You could do it either way though.

I named them differently mostly because I felt that they should be called something else, since a tank can’t “Flinch”. For Brigade Commander I actually did name them the same, to have less confusion. Not all my ideas are good ones ๐Ÿ™‚

Units that are Men Down or Cowering can attempt recovery on your immediate next turn, provided they are activated or someone moves in contact (covering fire).

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.