Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Raids on Nova Scotia, AWI

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Not my wheelhouse so I thought I’d ask the knowledgeable collective!

A friend is interested in playing out games similar to and including the privateer raids on Nova Scotia, like the raid on Lunenburg (sp?) in 1782 (I think).  He is looking for a ruleset that can cover both very small ship to ship actions (with ships that have like maybe 16 guns) as well as the land fights/looting.  It sounds to me like he is looking for something kind of skirmishy with perhaps 60 figures on a side (for the land fights) and probably at 15mm-28mm.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Perhaps Peter Pig’s “Pieces of Eight”?  I’ve haven’t ever played them, nor do I even own the second edition, but I think it might tick all your boxes.

The first edition is still available as a PDF, and at a discount.

Participant

Thanks Tony!  Didn’t stop and think how similar this would be to pirates, that’s sort of a “duuuuh” moment!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Have a look at the League of Augsburg site for just that sort of game. Barry Hilton offers Donnybrook and Mad for War rules that will do what your pal is looking for.  PDF’s available I think.

OB
    http://withob.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

I’ve had a lot of fun with Galleys and Galleons, which although slightly lighter in weight and slightly earlier in time period than your traditional game about the Revolution, but ought still to work pretty well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.