Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Rampanthammer – 10mm WFB/Dragon Rampant mash-up

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

It’s worth doing a full unit. They look ace!

thank you for the encouragement! I’ll keep chipping away!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)
    practising hobby eclecticism

Mike
    Keymaster

It’s worth doing a full unit.

They look ace!

Yeah that would be bad ass

Angel Barracks

What a great idea and the size looks spot on if you ask me.

Absolutely on the Griffin, I have to wonder how weedy a 10mm one would be as this looks ideal.

Angel Barracks

How do you list your armies/units?

I use these cards and whilst they are cool for sure, they are not the most efficient, they do take up a lot of table space.

Alex
    Participant

I’m thinking about doing something similar (but more ink friendly cause I’m a cheapskate!) to you to be honest!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Alex
    Participant

And then there were 2!

Two knights riding bears

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

sean lone
    Participant

Hi Alex

Lord on Griffin

https://www.excellentminiatures.com/miniatures-3d-printed-physical-product/epic-scale/epic-heroes-in-10mm/854/empires-of-man-general-on-gryphon-minirat-style?c=56

they have some excellent sculpts. Just slowly  building another Dwarven Army

regards

Sean

Mike
    Keymaster

And then there were 2!

Totes worth the effort.
    Presumably slower than horses but tougher?

Alex
    Participant

And then there were 2!

Totes worth the effort. Presumably slower than horses but tougher?

In DR terms I’m thinking Heavy Riders with Venomous and Mystical Armour Upgrades (which translate as being stronger and tougher). Big points sink there at 9 (any single unit cannot be more than 10 and a standard army is 24pts!)

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Alex
    Participant

Hi Alex Lord on Griffin https://www.excellentminiatures.com/miniatures-3d-printed-physical-product/epic-scale/epic-heroes-in-10mm/854/empires-of-man-general-on-gryphon-minirat-style?c=56 they have some excellent sculpts. Just slowly building another Dwarven Army regards Sean

thanks Sean – I ended up converting one from a mixture of metal minis (it’s part way down page 2 of this thread). I do have a couple of the Mini Rat sculpts in the army though and they are really nice!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Rusty-Cyborg
    Participant

And then there were 2!

Excellent stuff!

Looking forward to number 3

Alex
    Participant

The Ostland element of my army has brought some of that provinces non-Human residents in the form of a unit of Ogres!  These I’ll treat as Bellicose Foot (Reduced Model Unit, Terrifically Shiny Armour):

6 Ogres
    These are Black Gate Ogres – the armoured version.  I picked my favourite six minis from the pack to form a rather punchy unit to add to the Empire side – luckily Ostland has connections to Ogres so they will be right at home at my Alliance of the North styled force! I particularly like that these are reminiscent of the old school Ogres (the pre-Ogre Kingdoms style) – it helps them fit in better with the men of the Empire.

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Mike
    Keymaster

Cool beans.
    Mine are on the bench ready for painting.

one day…

I agree about the OSR vibes, nice models.
    Having recently gotten back into WFB the Ogre Kingdoms is something I am ignoring.

Alex
    Participant

I’m OK overall with the Ogre Kingdoms, the miniatures are quite fun so I ended up including about half a dozen of them as Mordheim Hirelings! I think if GW had redone the Chaos Dwarfs too it would have helped properly populate a part of the WFB map – which could have led to Ind, Cathay and Nippon but alas.

that said, for this project I definitely prefer the old school vibe!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

sean lone
    Participant

That’s Ok Alex.

I found out you’d kitbashed after reading the second page. That’ll teach me to read the whole thread.

regards

Sean

Alex
    Participant

The Bear Cavalry is very slow going (with work and other commitments) – but the other Kislevites have arrived to help their neighbours to the South!

First the Horse Archers – from Pendraken, but a slight shame there’s only one pose in the pack:

6 horse archers
    And of course a unit of the iconic Winged Lancers – again from Pendraken:

6 winged lancers
    Between these two and the Bear Cavalry (eventually) I think that’s a nice nod to Kislev in this force!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Angel Barracks

Cool, though too much Kislev if you ask me!

😀

Steven Francis
    Participant

Never too much Kislev

Alex
    Participant

Never too much Kislev

I kinda agree with Steven… I keep toying with adding a unit of Streltsi but I do want to do a Polish-Lithuanian force at some point and am worried it might be too similar if I add anything else to this particular project!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Mike
    Keymaster

I keep toying with adding a unit of Helblitzen

FTFY

Alex
    Participant

To be fair I do have a unit and some detachments to bodyguard missile troops!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Alex
    Participant

Magister Militum reinforcements for the Nurgle army now – alongside another unit of warriors (same as posted previously), I also got a couple of units of Chaos Knights (Elite Riders):

6 evil knights
    (only sharing a pic of one as they are the same!)

Also, from the Wasteland Command pack there were enough champion looking dudes to make an Elite Foot unit that I’ll use as Chosen:

6 evil warriors
    Finally from the same pack I used one of the mounted commanders as a Champion of Chaos (Elite Riders, Single Model Unit):

evil commander on a horse
    These all have a nice chunky old school feel to them, which I think works well for this project.

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Mike
    Keymaster

These all have a nice chunky old school feel to them, which I think works well for this project.

For the OSR feels and the Nurgleness?
    I think that anyway..

🙂

Alex
    Participant

For the OSR feels and the Nurgleness? I think that anyway.. 🙂

yep, works well for both angles on this one!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Alex
    Participant

More Magister Militum – the Plague Demons (Bellicose Foot – possibly with Fear):

12 demons
    These guys struggle to fit on the 10x10s but they just about work!

Keeping on the daemon vibe – some 3D printed swarms of Nurglings (Lesser Warbeasts)

mound of tiny demons
    I’ve got two of these swarms to include in the army.

Finally, as a freebie from Alternative Armies I got some giant slugs – which I thought would work for Beasts of Nurgle (Lesser Warbeasts, but I’d add the Ponderous rule from Greater Warbeasts):

3 giant slugs
    These units give that GUO some daemonic buddies so he’s not so lonely!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

ian pillay
    Participant

If I recall correctly Plague Bearers were based on 25mm square bases not 20mm. What width are you using for cavalry bases?
    Either way they look great, bellicose foot and venomous would be my combination.

Tally-Ho!

Alex
    Participant

I don’t worry about base sizes too much – they don’t really matter after all

cavalry bases (which are the same as my multi bases infantry) are 10×20. The ‘beasts’ got whatever they fitted on that I had in stock!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Angel Barracks

Nice, and by that of course I mean disgusting…

Alex
    Participant

Some beastly reinforcements this time – from Lancer.  If it hadn’t have been for TWW I wouldn’t have known about Lancer!

First the Shaman – this didn’t look all that impressive on the website, but I took a punt (it’s a cheap mini after all!) and it is a lot better in the metal! Elite Foot, Single Model Unit, Wizardling:

beatman shaman
    And the Doombull:

doombull
    He will be most likely Elite Foot, Single Model Unit, Venomous.

Of course I am also including some beastmen troops – I’ve got two units of Beastmen (Light Foot, Offensive):

12 beastmen warriors
    I particularly like the champion mini – the one with the warhammer held aloft.

Of course the Doombull needed some Minotaur friends (Bellicose Foot, Reduced Model Unit):

6 minotaurs
    Like the Black Gate Ogres these have a nice old school feel to them.

But that’s not all – also from Lancer I got some Chaos Hounds (Lesser Warbeasts):

6 chaotic warhounds
    The one that looks like it is stalking ready to pounce has a bit of a flesh hound vibe, but with suitable paint choices he should blend in with his buddies.  The long necked miniature I can’t help but think of as a Chaos Alpaca though…

Finally from Lancer I got some Centigor (probably Heavy Riders – they don’t have the look of javelin or bow armed types that would come under Light Riders):

6 centaurs
    The chap with the axe makes ranking these up a pain in the proverbial but they look good in this Bretonnian style formation

I can safely say that on the whole (Chaos Alpaca aside) I’m really impressed by Lancer’s chaotic offerings – and they are very good value for money indeed. Recommended!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Angel Barracks

Yeah they are great models, good price, good sculpts and a good size too!

I used my Chaos Alpaca as a draft animal and not so much as a warhound.

Alex
    Participant

Yeah they are great models, good price, good sculpts and a good size too! I used my Chaos Alpaca as a draft animal and not so much as a warhound.

mind you the more I think in terms of Chaos Alpaca the more I like the Mini

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Angel Barracks

I was trying to think of a pun around alpacas, drama and llamas.
    Can you just pretend I made a terribly witty joke?

Alex
    Participant

I was trying to think of a pun around alpacas, drama and llamas. Can you just pretend I made a terribly witty joke?

Haha you are a card old bean!

(that work?)

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Angel Barracks

Fantastic!!

So painted models are due … ?

Alex
    Participant

Fantastic!! So painted models are due … ?

sometime before 2030…

j/k am painting a halberdier detachment as a test unit so hopefully share that soon-ish (real life permitting)

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Alex
    Participant

Test Halberdier Detachment done (minus suitable grass/plant stuff on bases):

6 halberdiers
    think they look OK, so at least the project can keep moving forward on to the painting phase!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Steven Francis
    Participant

They look more than okay, they are great. Looking forward to see the whole army, especially the elite Kislev contingent.

Alex
    Participant

They look more than okay, they are great. Looking forward to see the whole army, especially the elite Kislev contingent.

Thanks Steven, much appreciated!

I’d better crack on with assembling the other three bear cavalry then! 😉

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Angel Barracks

Woop!!
    good skills.

I don’t recognise those colours, are they your own brew?

Alex
    Participant

Cheers!

nope – Ostermark:

Examples of uniforms

Admittedly I went a bit lighter on the purple as I keep seeing people say smaller scales should be highlighted more lol

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.