Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Tomorrow’s War Reaction Question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Robert Foran Robert Foran 6 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Graham O’Connor
    Participant

Hey all, first time poster here.

I think I have a solid grasp on the reaction system, but I couldn’t find an answer to this anywhere in the rulebook; if unit A decides to make a tactical move  and does NOT declare shooting as a part of its action while in LOS of unit B, and unit B declares a reaction, is unit A allowed to fire back? Or is the reaction test only to see if unit A can move first?

Additionally; if unit C decides to move and fire at unit D, but unit D chooses to react, at what point is the reaction test made?

Thanks,

Poe1204

Robert Foran
    Robert Foran
    Participant

Since Unit A chose only to move during its activation it my only return fire if it succeeds in a reaction test. If Unit A rolls higher than Unit B it will be able to fire before unit B can fire, if Unit B rolls higher and unit A rolls 4 or higher it my return fire if it is able, but should Unit A fail the reaction test (by rolling 3 or less) then they may not return fire.

This comes down to the reaction test result. Obviously Unit D is trying to fire before Unit C can fire and Unit C would like to complete its move and then fire before Unit D can fire.

If Unit C rolls 4 or higher and Unit D rolls 3 or less then Unit C completes its move and fires and Unit D may do nothing about it, because they failed to react.

If both C and D roll 4 or higher but C rolls higher than D then Unit C completes its move and fire action and Unit D gets to return fire.

If D rolls 4+ and rolls higher than C then Unit D can react at any point. After C has reacted, D may complete its Move and Fire action if it is able to.

I think I covered everything.

telzy amber
    telzy amber
    Participant

The last sentence… are not C and D reversed?

Robert Foran
    Robert Foran
    Participant

The last sentence… are not C and D reversed?

Yep, sorry, it should read: “…………….at any point. After D has reacted, C may complete its Move and Fire action if it is able to.”

• This reply was modified 6 days, 16 hours ago by Robert Foran Robert Foran.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.