Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Ready Painted Foliage

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

To those of you who buy that sort of stuff, what is an acceptable price for something like these?
    15mm and 6mm figure for size guide, though the surface area is roughly credit card sized.

craig cartmell
    Participant

Sorry, I make this for myself so no idea 🙁

Cheers,
    Craig

The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare

Steelonsand
    Participant

That’s a difficult one – I think in reality, the 15mm crowd might expect to pay more than the 6mil-ers for the same piece; or at least I mean that the smaller scale might betoken a smaller price……. At least in people’s minds……

Given that these are completed pieces, and not kits, or scenic bases that you add foliage to, then there is quite a lot of work in producing each, and I guess that they would be bespoke in the sense that each one would be individual?

‘Bespoke’ sounds expensive, and would people pay a high price for a tree base as opposed to, say a building….. Tricky one……

I’ve seen resin base kits with foliage in larger scales go for £8 through £20 depending on the number of bases, but I think that would be pricey for the smaller scales, even though you’re looking at a finished, hand-made product…..

What would I pay? – being exclusively 10mm and smaller by preference, (and often in terms of affordability) maybe max about £4.00 a base?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Steelonsand.
    Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I think somewhere around 4 or 5 £ would be fair for a piece but I think it would sell better as a set of 2 or 3 bases.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I love the crom stuff you’re doing BTW, keep up the good work!</p>

Splod
    Participant

Well, how about I give you 50 quid, and you send me as many as seem fair? 😉

Can you do me a solid, and take a pic with a couple of 6mm tanks alongside the tree bases?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Splod.
    Angel Barracks

Bargain, but I will need to order the bits and bobs in to make them first.
    These are some I made for myself with left over bits.

I don’t have any 6mm armour as such, but hopefully this helps?

Splod
    Participant

Perfect! I’ll take enough to fill a 2′ square 😀 Or you know, however much the girl lets me get away with…

As for the Rhino being your only piece of Armour, don’t you have an entire 6mm sci-fi range? And I swear you did a fantastic 6mm size comparison years ago?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Splod.
    Angel Barracks

Yeah the trouble is that my vehicles are designed to look like 6mm models can fit in them, rather than be 1/300th scale, this makes them bigly.
    So much so that they would make these terrain bits look stingy.

Angel Barracks

Well, how about I give you 50 quid, and you send me as many as seem fair?

😀

With a bit of luck they will be on the site tomorrow.

Splod
    Participant

Aright, order placed! Somewhat smaller than I’d like, as my significant other has tightened the war budget, but these are far too cool to pass up!

These will be used for 6mm and 20mm games, so will definitely see some use! Depending on how they look, they may even see some use at 3mm!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.