Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Red Box Games Plastics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I thought I’d post this as I’m a big fan of the Red box games sculpting style. They have a new kickstarter in conjunction with Wargames Atlantic to produce plastic multipart men at arms.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redboxgames/red-box-games-fantasy-men-at-arms

My 6mm Wargaming site https://6mm.wargaming.info

Participant

Given the detail in the older metal miniatures these look very plain and a bit ‘boring’…

Maybe it’s the paint job but Lanky Jim for example stands head and shoulders above these:

Wonder if it’s the move to 3D sculpts that’s doing this?

Not one for me but I get the feeling some folk will be drooling over them (54 so far) rather than the Frostgrave / GW styles.

Participant

I am with Andrew on this, the Redbox figures look very robotic.  They look ok but there are a whole host of better medieval / fantasy figures already in production.

I think the sculpting and posing is quite good and I don’t think they are robotic at all as mentioned above.  My issue is that the heads seem small.  And when one is wearing a helmet, the head should be even bigger!

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln

Participant

I think these look pretty good.  I like that they are so customizable, but that may also be a downside.  Waaay back when Palladium did the Robotech KS they did models that had the same set up for arms and hands which made them super difficult to put together, especially since all of the ends are flat.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.