Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Regimento Acero (3mm Sci Fi)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Average
    Participant

Unfortunately, I was very limited in my hobby time this weekend, but nevertheless, I managed to paint up one of two 3mm scale sci fi forces for the Rainforest War I’ve been going on about on the boards here.

This is El Regimento Acero, a mercenary or “Dispute Resolution Organization” based in Buenos Aires, and with a long experience of combined arms combat stretching back to before the First Upheaval.  They’ve fought for many different clients and on many different fronts, and are most notorious for their support of the Russian Confederation’s abortive intervention in Venezuela, as well as the now-infamous Battle of the Argentine Moons.  They are known as a tough and pragmatic mercenary outfit, with a tradition of military excellence combined with a singular indifference to politics and prevailing public opinion – they are, in essence, consummate mercenaries in every sense of the word.

The detachment here is an advance combat training group that has been working with the Republic of Costaguana to train their armed forces, which, though sizeable, have been found lacking in war games conducted in recent years.  This unit consists of a tank company with T-974 hovertanks, armed with high-energy pulse laser weapons, and an IFV company, with an attached “Aculeus” missile vehicle and an SA-14 “Silk” Surface-to-Air missile unit.  All of the weapons are of Russian manufacture except for the Aculeus missile, which is a refitted version of an Italian weapon produced in the Southern European Union.  The infantry unit here is not from the Regimento Acero, however – they are a unit of trainees from the ENC who the Regimento has been seconded to for training and support.

The white bands on the vehicles’ skirts are designators to indicate that they are technically under Costaguañero command, but the Regimento has shrewd negotiators who have ensured that exit clauses in the contract give them significant latitude under fire.

At the time of the border skirmish known as the Battle of Sotillo’s Thumb, this unit was on training exercises in southern Costaguana, in the Macondo Province.  News of an engagement with the Earthlight Division on the border with Sulaco has caused the exercises to be cancelled, and the unit is returning to Santo Porto for reassignment as the diplomatic situation between Sulaco and Costaguana begins to head towards open warfare.  The Costaguañero government had better be careful, though – the Regimento Acero doesn’t come cheap, and they don’t work for free.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Beautiful! What are the missile carriers?

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Mr. Average
    Participant

The SAM is a repurposed Chaparral Missile Carrier, while the Aculeus launcher is just an American MLRS with a fancy paint job. Both are O8 models.

Lagartija Mike
    Spectator

This is pretty inspirational. It’s making me want to design a scifi game with both “planetary” and space combat.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Yeah, this group was done in about four hours on Sunday evening when I finally got home, including the base labels.  Last night there was an additional hour highlighting the infantry a bit and then edging all the bases in flat black to clean them up a bit. I’m already working on their opponents, who are an old favorite of mine from this game universe, and oddly touch on what you mention, in that they’re an airborne-interface unit with aerospace assets. You can catch a glimpse of their bases on my table in the top photo there.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Looking pretty as always, can’t wait to see the opponents too!

Mr. Average
    Participant

Not to necro a dead thread, but – HOGS! O8 has added another part to the 3mm Sci Fi line, and the Regimento Acero will DEFINITELY be getting some as soon as the models reach the United States.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

I see I wasn’t the only one who noticed these.. Seriously cool stuff!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.