Home Forums General Conventions and Shows Reveille, Bristol 27/11/16

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just a reminder folks that our show is coming up in a few weeks.

Our website wwww.bristolwargaming.co.uk is in the process of having the Reveille page updated so keep checking!

Craig

Participant

Looking forward to the show as for various reasons I haven’t attended any since Salute. Interested in some books and maybe a few bits’n’bobs from Magister Militum.

Participant

I will see you there I have a stall selling medieval 28mm and 20mm WWII among many other wargame unwanted but not unloved items., this is a small selection of what I have for sale.   Call over and have a chat.

Some 20mm WWII

28mm Medieval

Participant

Will try and remember to pop along and say ‘Hi’ .

Participant

Looking forward to see you at the show.

Participant

Due to a cancellation we have a spare table in our private sellers room. Cost is £10 for the day which includes entry to the show for 1.
    Please let me know if anyone’s interested in taking it.
    [email protected].
    We will consider letting it for part of the day – drop me a line.

Thanks

Craig

Participant

Well William, I have taken a table in the private sellers room until 1.00pm, so should have a chance for a chat or two. Let’s hope we can shift our stuff!

Participant

Well William, I have taken a table in the private sellers room until 1.00pm, so should have a chance for a chat or two. Let’s hope we can shift our stuff!

Steve my table is down stairs, but I am sure we will have time for chat.

Participant

Had a good morning at the show (I had to leave around lunchtime due to family commitments) and sold quite a bit of stuff. For once I actually made a real profit, rather than minimising the losses. Always interesting to see what sells and what doesn’t. In my case it was mainly scenery and books that went, with hardly any interest in figures. Other sellers in the room had a mixed bag, with mainly painted ‘armies’ selling rather than scenery.

Sadly I didn’t get much time to see the show, in fact just a very quick walk round at the end. Sorry I didn’t get to chat to you William, but you were deep in conversation with a customer, so I didn’t want to interrupt! One thing I did notice was that the games were not mixed in with the traders as much as previous shows. Due to the nature of the building they felt a bit tucked away. This may be due to the fact that the traders had much biggers stands than previous years (a point made by one of the committee members) so there was little space for demo games in the main halls. My impression was that there were less traders than previous years, but I can’t be certain.

Still a good show and nice to see it carrying on, with I think over 150 attendees by lunchtime, IIRC. Well done all.

Participant

Yes sorry I did not get upstairs to chat to you Steve, I had an excellent show.  Sold loads of stuff, I had a painting commission to drop of to a very happy customer.  So anything I sold after that was a bonus, I sold every figure of my 28mm medieval that I had up of sale.  The last couple of hundred sold to a trader as I was packing up.  We both were very happy, a big thank you to Graig and his LBWS for a fantastic show and all their help.  Sadly I never got time to take any photo’s.

As to demo games positioning, I think the decision was taken because with demo game in the centre of the hall it makes looking at the trade stands slightly difficult.  As you know the building is an ecliptic mix of different size rooms, so it is a hard one for the committee.  I personally liked the new layout, thought I am not sure if the chaps doing demo game were overly happy?

Once again a big thank you to The Lincombe Barn Wargame society for all there hard work.  I love the show.

Participant

Glad you had a good show William. When I walked around there was no one looking at the demo games, but still a few people looking at the traders. Not sure what it was  like during the busy period between 10.00 – 12.00.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.