Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Review of Galleys & Galleons

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shandy
    Participant

Hi!

Over on my blog, I’ve a review of the new naval rules published by Ganesha Games, Galleys & Galleons. Short version: They are fabulous! They use the Ganesha Games activation mechanics and have a very clever solution to the perennial bugbear of naval wargaming, namely tracking damage.

The rules are intended for the 17th and 18th century, but there are also some optional special rules to play ancient or even fantasy battles.

For more, visit https://wargamingraft.wordpress.com/2015/09/17/review-galleys-galleons/

Cheers
    Shandy

RogerBWRogerBW
    Participant

The problem I’ve always had with limited activation mechanics for naval (and air) warfare is that a sailing ship suddenly standing still in the water breaks my sense of disbelief. Maybe the admiral isn’t telling you what to do, but surely you can stay on the same course as before rather than stopping dead.

Does this ruleset deal with that at all?

Shandy
    Participant

Yes, the rules deal with that: A vessel under sails always has to make one compulsive move, even if the activations failed. How far it moves depends on its heading in relation to the wind, obviously.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.