Home Forums General General Reviews?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Is it worth having a separate forum for reviews of products, or keep it within the relevant forum area?

[poll question=’Should we have separate review forum?’ answers=’Yes,No’]

Participant

Maybe.

Keymaster

Dependant on?

Participant

I like the idea but it depends on the vote.

Participant

I voted to keep the reviews to the relevant areas.  To be honest I already think there are too many subsections to click through. I hardly ever look at the general boards because there seem to be so many of them. (However, when the vote goes against me – and it looks like it will – I promise I won’t stomp off taking all my toys with me).

Keymaster

If it stays this close I won’t make any changes, if however it ends up with a clear overwhelming majority then I may.
    You know like an 80/20 split or something I may.

I also won’t make a change unless I think it benefits the community at large either.

😀

I promise I won’t stomp off taking all my toys with me).

Good to know!

Participant

I know I’m vociferous in my hatred of multiple boards, but this one makes sense.

As long as the mods (that’s you and Sam then Mike ) move any misposted reviews from other boards to the reviews board…

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Would it make more sense to have a review sub-board in each period or one overall review board?

Im cautiously in favour of it provided people play nice

Participant

I voted to keep them in the current boards rather than new. If Reviews are clearly tagged (either by the author or if need be admins ) then it’s easy to find the mall anyway?

Participant

No, keep them in the relevant forum for that period. Still could do with Colonial and 20th C other than WW1 and WW2 fora though. 😛

Participant

I’ve voted yes, but I feel it would be most effective to have each board have it’s own ‘sub-board’ for reviews. That way it’s easy to find ‘sci-fi’ reviews, rather than having to trawl through the entire sci-fi category, or an entire folder of random unrelated reviews.

Participant

Long term as traffic grows, separate review boards within each subject would probably be desirable.

Participant

*plays British Grenadiers…*

I never got how the grunts found that so hard… 15 paces forward, then the 16th step is a halt.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.