Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Robotech Project – n815e

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Noel
    Participant

The best water ‘mat’ I have ever played on was a crumpled up blue tarp.  It looked like wavey water.

Noel
    Participant
    Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Sorry to hear it wasn’t a success, but I think I have a tip for you if you’re interested:

Try soaking the sponges in a mix of PVA(wood glue) and water, squeeze out the excess and leave to dry. After drying out, they will have hardened thanks to the glue. You can now paint and drybrush on appropriate texture.

I’ve used this trick to keep flock on trees from falling to pieces etc.
    Hope it helps!

Noel
    Participant

Thanks, I might try that out.

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”> </span>

Noel
    Participant

http://generalgulliver.blogspot.com/2016/02/eggs-on-legs.html

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Noel.
    Noel
    Participant
    Noel
    Participant

Well, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/2120399 finally ends the question of if the game will ever see the remaining models.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Ya, I am majorly bummed, I really wanted Wave 2 to happen.  I wish they would at least release the STL files for home printing.  I don’t mneed more wave 1 stuff, and this announcement really leaves the game sort of unplayable beyond basic VFs vs BPs.  With no Zentradi grunts in armor you can’t really do cruiser invasions, and with no female power armor you missing a huge elite force.  I wanted the drone fighters, but am less concerned about them than I am the missing Fighter Pods and armored and super VFs…

Damnit.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

BTW, your stuff was looking great! Did you shelve it?

Noel
    Participant

Thanks, DSG.

This has been a major disappointment to me.  The rumor is that someone has bought the license and is considering continuing with the line.  If that is true, that would be great, but I’m not holding out hope.

I had shelved the project out of frustration with the situation.  Now that things are no longer in question, I feel a sort of relief and that has me interested in picking things up again and getting some 3d printed models to fill in the blanks.

However, the reality is that my hobby time has diminished significantly and I am not able to get in as much painting or dice rolling as I used to be able to up until a few months ago.  When I do sit down to paint, it’s for my Judge Dredd project or for Cthulhu Wars.  I’m not sure when I’d be able to resume Robotech.

As a Robotech fan since the 80’s, this game was like THE GAME that I wanted to dedicate my time to.  I really enjoyed building the models (even though I know many/most people didn’t) and working on the terrain elements.  I had big plans for the project.  The poor handling and the mismanagement really put a damper on my enthusiasm.

OldBen1
    Participant

Those buildings are cool.  Where are they from?

Noel
    Participant

Gamecraft, Burn In Designs and puzzles.

Noel
    Participant

Kids Logic has been producing a new line of miniatures that has me thinking about this again.

https://www.kidslogic.toys/pages/minitechgames

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Hrmmm…. I bet these are a heck of a lot easier to put together than the plastic offerings.  I do need some Zen and Mal power armor troops.  A little pricey at $12 a pop.  I also need some foot troops in armor and some Fighter Pods.  Doubt they will get around to those, or the Lancer fighters.  …sigh…

Noel
    Participant

They do cost more and, from comparisons I’ve seen, they are smaller.  But they are beautifully detailed and they aren’t being produced by PB.

I may buy some just to check them out. I do hope they expand the line to at least all of the combat mecha, if not also Zentraedi infantry and Cat’s Eye, etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.