Home Forums Ancients Romans v SIlures

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Guy Farrish Guy Farrish 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Guy Farrish
    Guy Farrish
    Participant

In between occupying my son and friends, trying to talk Philosophy with my daughter (home from Uni) and preparing/cooking endless meals for the family, I managed to play (solo) a game resulting from a back of a postcard campaign I have been tinkering with, based (very loosely) around Roman intrusion into local Silures territory.

After a few skirmishes and seizing crossings across the Wye and Usk the Romans have been getting a distinctly unwelcome reception in the hillsides recently.

When a bigger force of Silures cut the route from Glevum to the Isca camp, somewhere around Penhow (not far from Caerwent if you have been following Carojon’s Three Castles Walks here) the Romans sent a large force to clear them off and show them who they were dealing with.

Battle of Penhow

There were rather more than the Romans expected, but things were looking good at the point below: some auxiliaries, on foot unit and one cavalry unit holding back half the British at the river.

How it turned out you can see on my Wiki, here:

Corrigenda: Romans v Silures

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.