Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy RPG miniatrure sculpting WIP

Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    Thomaston
    Participant

@DSG
    I realize my gaming style is more abstract/bland than usual gaming. I have no issue with hand-waving or narating movement speed. I’ll be using these as normal gaming board, on a very tiny scale. I got tired of remembering specific village layout so these diorama style will be the places my tiny people visit repeatedly. Having finished these two I already see character/connection in them that I’ve never did with the modular method. I have (too many) modular base for wilderness and randon encounters.

Tired is enough.

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

I think it’s really cool.  I’ve been planning out a 15mm scale village for a campaign (USMC CAPS in a Vietnamese village in I Corps, around 1967-1968) and will probably adapt your method for certain areas where action may occur often, like river crossings, near village gates, trail/paddy intersections, CAPs home base, village market, etc.   I think it’ll work a treat!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Thomaston
    Participant

Set piece terrain sounds like the perfect fit got Vietnam’s hearts and minds patrol games. There’s also a lot of interesting terrain feature in that corner of the world, with it’s sandy river banks and hill forest next to rice paddies.

I ran out of primer and the base bottom, need to start collecting more. 4D models also stop setting colored ground olive stones 🙁

I was going to do another small village with this one but I this one house took a lot of time and I got lazy, I prefer this style to the other houses though. I’ll probably use it as some kind of laire, or an old hermit/healer lady’s house. Image I found online.

Tired is enough.

Thomaston
    Participant

Moving on to beasts.

Tired is enough.

MikeMike
    Keymaster

Missed the new house, it is very cool, the stream sets it off a treat.

Love that spiny beast too!

Thomaston
    Participant

@Mike do you want it? I don’t have a use for it in my game. Shuld make a small pet lizard in 15mm.

Tired is enough.

MikeMike
    Keymaster

Drop me a mail sir!!

(e-mail at bottom of page)

Ali Dogan SayinerAli Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

Nice sculptures!

find me
    www.iliadagamestudio.com
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/iliadagamestudio/
    [email protected]

Wouter WolputWouter Wolput
    Participant

Another great batch of models, the lizard in particular looks amazing.

Thomaston
    Participant

Beastmen less weapons. I wanted these to tower over humans but I scaled it wrong.

These guys are the most fearsom thing in my fantasy world, being same height as regular humans doesn’t feel right. It’s time like this I miss 3D printing.

Tired is enough.

Participant

Those do indeed look fierce!  Towering or not, I’d not want to tangle with them.  Another great job sir!

Thomaston
    Participant

Beastmen and horses. I’ve been procrastinating on sculpting wolves, not sure how to do fur and did the beastmen first as a test, ended up sculpting them like hair. This project had been one hell of a learning experience.

Pretty happy with teh horses except for the two at the back, very long necks.

Tired is enough.

MikeMike
    Keymaster

Those beastmean look properly bestial, they feel more beasty than a lot of 25mm ones!

Participant

Those beastmean look properly bestial, they feel more beasty than a lot of 25mm ones!

I totally agree with this comment here.

The horses also look more than okay to me.

Thomaston
    Participant

Thanks.
    When I started this I couldn’t wait to get it all done and game. Now, I’m putting off gaming to sculpt more characters.

Tired is enough.

Participant

Sounds like you found something you love to do, that’s great!

Thomaston
    Participant

Either that or I have a very large cast of characters and want to sculpt all of them, no more generic villagers.

Tired is enough.

Participant

I think that’s a great idea!  Make as many as you want, I’ll just be over here ogling them like that creepy slobbery weasel from the old Daffy Duck cartoon…

Participant

I think that’s a great idea! Make as many as you want, I’ll just be over here ogling them like that creepy slobbery weasel from the old Daffy Duck cartoon…

😁 That’s exactly what I’m going to do!

Thomaston
    Participant

Two mercenaries and either a skimpy priestess or prostitute.

Tired is enough.

Participant

Great job, especially on the mercenary in the middle, it’s hard to believe these are only 6mm to the eye.

Participant

You get so much character into these little guys without over detailing them, it’s impressive.

Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.