Home Forums Medieval SAGA – Scots

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Oh the joys of painting.  I took a group of models from silver, to decently painted, to silver, to decently painted and it only took about 2 years.

Did you catch that?  What happened was I painted my group of models and then instead of spraying them with dull coat, I sprayed them silver.  And I was so grumpy about it that I put them away and they have sat for about 2 years waiting to be fixed.

So I finally decided to pull them out and to spend some time repairing the damage that I did.

Not a bad look to them now.  And now I have a full 4 point force ready for battle.

You can see more pictures of the force on my blog.  http://gamingandshooting.blogspot.com/2016/05/scots-for-saga.html

The best player, isn't always the winning player.

Participant

I should tell you off for using yellow for blonde but I wont because you’ve been traumatized enough by these chaps….. and I can sympathise. The psychological impact of an innocent cock-up of ones toys is not to be under estimated. Beautiful battle group….. now about that yellow hair……..

“Thir must be less tae life than this”

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

Thanks for the kind words.

Please do tell me off for using yellow for blonde hair.  I’m always willing to learn.  What is a better/different method for that color of hair?

Participant

Pretty simples, yellow is a mistake we all make and I should know

Go to your light sand and ivory colours, in this instance leave the yellow as undercoat and highlight with a bone or ivory, line your paints up and work out the tones and brightness of your light colours. The rest will sort itself out with a bit of practice.

I started this with desert sand or something similar and ended it with bleached bone for a golden blond, about as close to yellow as I dare go nowadays

light brown orange for the base on this’un

Seems dumb but apparently blond is a mutation of red hair…… or red is a mutation of blonde hair genes….. so they go together somehow hence most blondes are strawberry blonde.

Reaper Master Series has a good blonde hair triad, if your not inclined to buy just go to their web site and study the colours they use. The best tip I can offer is look at blond and red and brunette haired people… but dont get caught staring, you’ll either get arrested or propositioned.

Studying real life things is the best painting advice ever.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

Good info.

Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.