Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Salvation and Steel: new 28mm fantasy skirmish

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Finlay Smith
    Participant

Hi guys,

Will be updating this soon to seek comments and criticisms on a new board game I’m designing. I’ll pop a pic of one of our first miniatures at the bottom of the post.

Within the next week I’ll be uploading some revised rules to the public domain for playtesting, and showing the second of our sculpts (a knight).

If you have any comments I’d be delighted to hear them, if you wanted to spread the word that would be awesome and if you want to follow us you can find more frequent updates at: http://www.facebook.com/salvationandsteel πŸ™‚

Mike
    Keymaster

Good render, has quite a modern feel about it, especially the greaves and hair, is that intentional?

Finlay Smith
    Participant

Hey Mike, and thanks πŸ™‚

Yes, the modern look is intentional; we’ll (hopefully) be printing these models in metal and one of the core principles in my thinking was that you can make a model look clean and crisp and then dirty it up (e.g. scratch armour) or make it age a bit when you’re putting it together, but you can’t take a dirty model and make it look clean as easily πŸ™‚

Our models are going to be posable, with interchangeable parts (for instance the model above is cut at the neck, arms and belt-line) and so it was important to me that people who wanted to just glue-and-go could do that, but people who wanted it to look a bit different had a great “canvas” to start from!

Fin

Angel Barracks

Our models are going to be posable, with interchangeable parts (for instance the model above is cut at the neck, arms and belt-line) and so it was important to me that people who wanted to just glue-and-go could do that, but people who wanted it to look a bit different had a great β€œcanvas” to start from!

Yee gads!
    How far off is the first prototype?

Finlay Smith
    Participant

Hey Angel πŸ™‚

First prototpye is being printed up as we speak! We should have it, and printed casts (in metal) by the start of April *fingers crossed*

We’ve also started sharing our Basic and Advanced rulesets (as well as a printable game board) at http://www.fitegames.com/salvationandsteel/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.