Home Forums Ancients Sassanid Armoured Arhers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We have added 2 packs of armoured Horse Arcchers to our store. They are suitable as a rear rank with lancer/swordsmen or to make up a full unit of bow firing clibanarius. They are available on 1/2 armoured horses as a standard pack and separately so you can select rider and horse to suit your needs. There is another unit deal of 1/2 lance/command, 1/2 archer on half armoured horses.
    Sassanid clibanarius archers
    UD59 lancer/archer unit
    The unshielded side

Cheers

Keith
    Aventine Miniatures

Participant

Keith

Looks like this is going to be another great range.  Nice looking figures and good to have the option to run them on say unarmoured or cloth barded horses for earlier armies.    BTW, are we going to have any mounted personalites/generals other than those in the Roman ‘foot stool’ set?

Garry

Participant

The two figures on the right have royal headdress:

As does the figure on the left:

Beautiful figures, incredible detail – although I won’t mind a pack in more basic equipment. When I look at Adam’s Sassanids I see the Immortals (not a bad thing).

Participant

Quite so.    I overlooked these in my haste.   My only criticism of these fine figures is that they are somewhat ‘static’.   Certainly for formed units upright lances are better and practical but I would prefer my characters to have some added ‘zing’.   Always on the lookout for figures that add some colour and variation to an existing unit be it a barbarian warband, Greek, Macedonian or Sassanid.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.