Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy Satellite Reign via 5Core

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Ivan Sorensen Ivan Sorensen 5 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jason Smith
    Participant

A blast from the past. I dug this up and added it to the blarg.

Komrades in Arms

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Well that went bad quickly.  Been there!

Played a little SR the other day, had to start a new game since I hadn’t played since the big patch.  Managed to get my hacker killed 3 times trying to break into the big facility in Downtown.  Had to hack a dude to get a new clone then finally completed the mission without dropping a prototype.  Weeee, good times…

So how did this SR mission string end up?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Jason Smith
    Participant

Alas, this was the last one. Without external forces guiding me, I tend to drift from project to project, leaving a trail of nonsense in my wake.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Birds of a feather!

Ok then, if may gently nudge you:  Keep going with The Department!  Loving what you’re doing there.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Jason Smith
    Participant

Conveniently, there’s a clear endgame. Either I’ll beat the bad guy or I’ll run out of Budget. So that’s conducive to regular updates. I won’t feel trapped. 🙂

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

Did you use one of the “From Home” rulesets or the standard? SR was a pretty cool game and setting.

Hunter of the Celestial Seas
    Crewember of the Arcadia
    Star Vikings and Space Scythians were my ancestors
    And currently building the Polesotechnic League

Jason Smith
    Participant

Did you use one of the “From Home” rulesets or the standard? SR was a pretty cool game and setting.

Old-school FiveCore 3rd edition! Like I said, this was a game I played a while back, before Five Parsecs got a makeover. 🙂

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen

As an old school Syndicate fan (what Satellite Reign is based on), love to see this 🙂

As a kid, I wrote a board game for playing Syndicate missions, but A: Those notes definitely no longer exists and B: It was almost certainly barely playable 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 days, 20 hours ago by Ivan Sorensen Ivan Sorensen.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://sites.google.com/site/nordicweaselgames/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.