Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Scenery and Games

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    John Treadaway
    Participant

I’ve been building a new… er.. building in lockdown. (Stand by for action!) It’s built from the Brigade resin building fronts, their recommended electrical boxes and a toy building. The toy is the wrong scale so I sorted out the windows with some blue paint and clear UV resin (hence the purple light shot).

Models are my Thunderbolt Legion, also sourced from Brigade. I’ve been playing some games with my wife and the Thunderbolts are on their way to being handed their backside for the forth time on the trot by the Stewart wegiment (“Mon the Scots!” etc).

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
    http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
    Stephen Madjanovich
    Participant

That building has me thinking Thunderbirds for some reason in a good way.

Geof Downton
    Participant

That building has me thinking Thunderbirds…

Nah! Stingray – Anything can happen in the next half-hour…

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Thomaston
    Participant

I thought the purple was some kind of spiffy wash effect for a cyberpunk type game.

Tired is enough.

deephorse
    Participant

Ah, Marineville.  So many memories!

DCRBrown
    Participant

JT,

Right come on…..let’s have some exciting music as we watch your Marine Ville disappear undergound!

DB

John Treadaway
    Participant

JT, Right come on…..let’s have some exciting music as we watch your Marine Ville disappear undergound! DB

Cue the bongo drums! It was a toy I couldn’t not use that I’d giot on ebay when we were doing planning for the Stingray Salute game.

I thought the purple was some kind of spiffy wash effect for a cyberpunk type game.

The UV resin is very useful stuff: I highly recommend it. I buy it in black, light proof bottles (of course) on amazon and it was an ecuse to buy another torch (with a UV output).

Not that I needed much of an excuse, mind you…

Here’s a shot of a sniper on the roof of the building:

and an alternative shot of the left hand balcony:

The balconeys and doors are all Brigade resin but the twin heating exhaust chimney things are GZG in metal.

Here’s a shot of me working on the base section made from electrical boxes:

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Ya wow man, that’s a early 60’s calling out!  A really odd looking building that just works somehow.  Great job dude!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

John Treadaway
    Participant

I’ve got to say that – for me – it’s almost my earliest memory of the Anderson stuff (I actually go back to XL5 and even Torchy the Batterty boy) but the Stongray stuff is iconic – for me at any rate. Hence my work here: And as that’s 15mm I was just so pleased!

But I’d got the toy as part of the practice games with the Matchbox models and it’s pretty ‘fit the box’ scalewise at about 1/200th (as opposed to the mdoels that game with it which are about half that…). It just seemed a petty to let it go to waste.

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

It’s a great repurposing John, and works well with the Slammers future-throwback look.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.