Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Scratch Built Walker Legs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Darkest Star Games Darkest Star Games 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Balin Shortstuff
    Participant

For a good while I’ve been toying with the idea of making walkers out of the typical plastic Easter eggs.  So I’m looking for ideas for decent legs.  I’m too cheap to buy models just to kit bash with a few parts, so I’m after something relatively simple.  I’ve been thinking about using various sized drinking straw joined together with (hidden) pipe cleaners to make insect like legs, four to a body.

I was hope something like this could be used across a lot of scale, titans for 6mm, robots or powered armor for 28mm.

Sources, ideas?

Paul
    Paul
    Participant

I have an Eli Patoroch PDF template for a paper model of a GW Sentinel Walker. I haven’t made one yet, but when I do I plan to reinforce the legs with toothpicks or similar. If you are interested and cannot find the PDF I would be happy to mail it to you. To get an idea of the quality of Eli’s templates, take a look at the Aquila Lander I am busy building in my 40k Stuff thread here.
    I think that paper/card legs will work if suitably reinforced and glued with superglue.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Ebbles/Genet models has a couple of walkers that are “print at home” types for card modelling.  You could use one of those as a template as well, and use layered cardstock or maybe sheet styrene.  And they’re free.  The best would be the Doom-ball, but I do not see it listed in any of the categories…

Free Stuff!

Kogura H8C/H8M Gorilla

Ebbles Miniatures 2007-2008 Models

Ebbles Miniatures 2005-2006 Models

Ebbles Miniatures 2003-2004 Models

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.