Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Scrubby desert game mat

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I recently ordered a “Rough Mat: Scrubby” game mat from War Sigil Terrain Mats, and wow am I pleased!  I had tried to make my own but it did not go well.  It would not have been a big deal except that I was headed to a convention and I now didn’t have anything appropriate for my game and I was totally afraid I’d have to use just plain badly painted felt or canvas.  Wil at War Sigil undertook an emergency order and got it to me well on time for the Con, though unfortunately a family tragedy kept me from attending.  Here’s a picture of the beauty:

mat overall

Cost was $99 plus shipping.  It has a lot of texture to it, and a couple of different grasses, as seen here:

The mat is very rugged, even my cats messing with it did no damage.  Laid out looking along it there even appears to be some relief/depth, that that is an illusion:

War Sigil has a LOT of standard options, as well as the ability to do custom work.  I have in mind a custom job for a sci-fi table, sort of purplish.  This mat will be featuring in a trio of campaigns that I will be playing, scales being 6mm and 15mm.  I think it’ll work great for both.  Now I just need to make some cliffs and creeks to match…

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

kyoteblue
    Participant

That looks good.

Just Jack
    Participant

Darby, that’s fantastic!  I’ve never heard of them, but I gotta get me some of that!

V/R,

Jack

Edward
    Participant

that looks great – thanks for posting.  I’m not familiar with this product but coincidentally, I’m in the market for a snow mat.  Went to the website and I’m impressed.

bruce ross
    Participant

How do these mats store? Can you roll them up?

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Darby, that’s fantastic!  I’ve never heard of them, but I gotta get me some of that!

Do it man, well worth it!  He can even customize the coloring and details, even based on scale.

How do these mats store? Can you roll them up?

Yes, rolls up easily and nothing falls off.  Seems to be super durable.  My wife folded mine for whatever reason and it didn’t crease either.  It is currently rolled up around an old cardboard tube and stands in teh corner with my other mats.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Thomaston
    Participant

This stuff looks real good.

Tired is enough.

Mr. Average
    Participant

These are super looking! Reminds me of the old Zuzzy mats of happy memory.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.