Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Second Napoleonic Game with One Hour Wargames

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

Well, it’s been more than a week ago now that the Boy General and I played another Napoleonic game using Neil Thomas’ One Hour Wargames. Once again it was a blast; we continue our fictional campaign in northern Europe, continuing with the boy leading the British against my dastardly French. The scenario was “Double Delaying Action,” with the idea being that I (the French), having been defeated in the last battle, was doing my best to flee to the north, being harried by the British from the south.

The French chose a river as a defensive line to try to slow the British pursuit; the Brits can cross at a ford in the west or a bridge in the east, and the Brits are trying to first take the village of Trois Bras (at the river) and then the road exit in the north, just east of Mont Vert. The two forces are equal in size, at least at the beginning; the French must have one unit depart the table via the north road exit on turns 4, 8, and 12, but still hold either Trois Bras or the northern road exit at the end of the game (15 turns). Failure to do so is a British victory.

The British begin the game off table, entering their entire force on turn 1 via the south table edge (bottom). The French are arrayed north of the river. From left to right: 1st Ligne, Grand Battery, 2nd Ligne, with General Dadie immediately behind them, 1st Grenadiers to his right, 1st Light Cavalry on the road, and 3rd Ligne in the town of Trois Bras at far right.

My preliminary plan is to give ground at the ford while trying to hold the town as long as possible, using my General to rally hits off them. I will launch my cavalry straight down the road as soon as possible, charging repeatedly until they are nearly destroyed and then having them be my first unit to depart via the north exit. I figure the boy will press for the town, so when the 3rd Ligne is pretty beat up I will have the Grenadiers move up, have the 3rd Ligne fall back behind them for protection and ultimately be my second unit to exit the map. From there is anyone’s guess, but that’s my plan. Oh, and I’m keeping my arty up close to deliver canister at enemy units crossing the river, then fall back to Mont Vert as it becomes pressed.

To see how the fight turned out, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2016/06/second-napoleonic-game-with-one-hour.html

I hope you liked it; we’re having a great time, and have already played the next fight, which I’m working on.

V/R,
    Jack

kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant

I think the Boy was trying to flank you but didn’t pull it off. He has yet to learn the Marine Way, straight up the middle !!!

Just Jack
    Participant

Yeah, he kinda got himself caught in the middle.  Needs to work on decisiveness and violence of action 😉

V/R,

Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.