Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Sellswords and Spellslingers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Did a little first impressions review here, including a quick battle report.

Sellswords and Spellslingers: First Impressions

I am looking forward to many more games with my son.

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln

Participant

I saw this and was very interested in the cards as well.  I really like your review.

What are the event cards like?

Event cards govern the way the monsters move.  In that vein, the ones I can remember off the top of my head are Monster Frenzy (all monsters move) Hordes Activate (hordes move or form from single minions) and Loners Activate (greater monsters move).  There are reinforcement cards, cards that state that reinforcements arrive behind the party and ambush cards where a monster jumps out and attacks from behind a terrain object.  Some cards are drawn once and removed from the deck.  Found object cards, scenario event cards, trap cards things like that.  In all, there is 25 cards.  The ones labeled “remove and reshuffle” or with only “reshuffle” guarantee that you never run out of cards.  In theory, it could mean that a scenario event does not happen.  I suspect that is rare but I’ve only played once thus far.

Did that answer your Q?

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln

Participant

Absolutely.  It sounds like a neat system.  I haven’t quite found the rules I’m looking for.  Maybe it doesn’t exist.  Thanks!

Participant

Any more games?  The guys over at LAF are going crazy for this game.  I am always worried about new games (Frostgrave).  SOmetimes the initial buzz is more than the actual ‘legs’ of the game.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.