Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Serendipitous Orcs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    James Manto
    Participant

Some more bigger, meaner Orcs to reinforce the Legions of Angmar. These are some Scotia-Grendel Orcs I bought second hand for my daughter over 20 years ago. She started them. Lost interest, They got put in a box and rediscovered by me last month. My daughter had done a not bad job of blocking in the main colurs so it was pretty quick work to finish them off. So like all Servants of the Enemy they have crept forth from their hiding place to answer the call to war!

IMG_20171126_114636.jpg by Hotlead2009[/url], on Flickr

IMG_20171126_114608.jpg by Hotlead2009[/url], on Flickr

IMG_20171126_114459.jpg by Hotlead2009[/url], on Flickr

IMG_20171126_114312.jpg by Hotlead2009[/url], on Flickr

They are slightly bigger than my Vendel Orcs, so I’m going to class these fellows as Heavy Foot with the Offensive upgrade.

Mike
    Keymaster

Very cool to see non green orcs!

Superb work and hurray – they are not green! How refreshing!

Gun Dog Miniature Painting Services
    https://m.facebook.com/gundogminiatures/
    Sniffing out unpainted armies!

James Manto
    Participant

I’m trying to avoid warhammer influences and stick to Tolkien

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Very nice indeed. They remind me of the old Black Tree Design range (not sure BTD was called that then).

Graham Harrison
    Participant

Very nice indeed. They remind me of the old Black Tree Design range (not sure BTD was called that then).

That is because they are the same models. Originally Black Tree (or it may even have been when they were Harlequin) had a license to produce Tolkien models. When they lost the license they changed the Range to “Lords of the Realm”. Then more recently Black Tree sold off the moulds to Scottia-Grendel.

They are still nice figures!

James Manto
    Participant

That explains my confusion over their origin.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.