Home Forums Modern Series of Modern Skirmish Fights Using 5 Men at Kursk

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

I just skimmed Bat. Rep. #30! The terrain is eff”ing amazing! I love the ruined street blocks. I have got to say you have come a long way in the terrain department and I am VERY IMPRESSED and a little bit envious! I sort of got lost in the 100+ pictures and need to reread the report again, but “WOW!” is a good place to start. Don’t fret about the ‘Lion’ slipping the trap. When you do finally bag him, it will be that much sweeter. My first but rather superficial impressions are that this was the best game in this present series and may have been the best game of yours which I have ever read. This was really good stuff Jack, my hat is off to you, you have outdone yourself. Like others, I look forward to seeing the factory. Bravo, sir on a job so very well done! Bloody marvellous!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Just Jack
    Participant

Dammit, I’ve had those two town sections for years, they’ve been in several batreps in the past (Hell on Wheels, Cuba Libre Liberation, JSOC all had fights in them)!!!  But my stuff has gotten a bit better, hasn’t it? 😉

I’m not sure what you’re up to or what you’re after, but flattery (particularly extreme flattery, as demonstrated here) will bet you nowhere 😉

Next fight coming up soon.

V/R,
    Jack

shelldrake
    Participant

… but flattery (particularly extreme flattery, as demonstrated here) will bet you nowhere 

In that case, your scenery is complete rubbish, and you should send it all to me so that I can dispose of it in a correct and timely manner. 😛

Just Jack
    Participant

Shelldrake,

I would, but postage would kill me! 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Just Jack
    Participant

All,

AKA The reduction of Dubrovna, Fight #6

It’s 1135 on 2 July 1990 and Battlegroup Elias is on the verge of completing its mission to take the Cronistrian town of Dubrovna.  1st Platoon  had made the initial breach into the city, and 2nd Platoon expanded it, with heavy fighting to take the ‘Old Town’ portion of the city.  3rd Platoon passed through them, clearing the balance of Dubrovna.  3rd Platoon finds the going easy, particularly as they’re able to make use of a couple AMX-10RCs in the wider boulevards of the newer sections of town.  A couple 105mm rounds into a building makes believers rather quickly, so 3rd Platoon found itself primarily responsible for searching prisoners and shuttling them to the rear.  However, as they reached the edge of town the AMXs were called off to deal with some enemy armor spotted to the south, and the Platoon Commander heard a flurry of rifle shots up ahead, from the area of 3rd Squad, the platoon’s point element.  Seems there were a few hardliners holed up in an old, bombed out industrial plant.

Overview of table, north is up.  The factory is in the southwest outskirts of town, with a tree-lined road leading to it, and open fields to the far side (which is perhaps why the bad guys chose to make their stand here, there was nowhere else to go).  The Cubans will start the fight on the right side of the factory, the Communists on the left.

This is my brand spankin’ new piece of terrain from Novus design, and it’s fantastic.  It took me a full day to paint and wash, but it looks great and I’m happy to have it.  I have another large piece like this from Novus, but so far I’ve only found time to prime it.  Lotta work ahead of me still.

The action is up close and deadly.  To see how the fight went, please check the blog at:
    http://cubalibrewargame.blogspot.com/2017/01/cuba-libre-cronstria-fight-31.html

Mopping up operations continued for a couple more hours, but Captain Elias called in to Task Force Galban Headquarters to declare Hill 489 and Dubrovna secured as of 1730 local time on 2 July 1990.  Mission accomplished, lots of fun.  I hope you guys had half as much fun as the boy did.  But it’s high time he and I get back to some ‘opposed’ games, vice ‘co-op’ games.  He’s getting a bit big for his britches, basically declaring after both the last two fights that he did all the work.

I am not exactly sure what we’re going to play yet, but the weekend is coming and we’ll be playing something, so stay tuned.

V/R,
    Jack

shelldrake
    Participant

Thanks for the batreps – they have been very entertaining.

That new terrain piece you have looks fantastic. I have something similar in 28mm, but I am hoping to get one in 15mm too.

ps – stupid postage 😉

kyoteblue
    Participant

Sounds like “The Boy ” is ready for those Cowboy Boots !!!!

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

An impressive showing Jack, 6 games in as many days is no small feat!

It’s been a great ride so far, I hope we’ll see more AAR’s like these in the future 🙂

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

Nice end to a great series of reports. I love the factory, though I’d suggest getting some machines and crates to give some varied cover inside it.

About having guy’s rally their boss, I’d still let them. I’d rationalise it as their presence reminding him he has a job to do, not them telling him to get a move on. Just asking him ‘What should I do Sir?’ could be enough to snap him out of it.

Looking forward to whatever you do next, and hoping to get an AAR done myself soon, honest. 🙂

Just Jack
    Participant

Shelldrake – Thanks a bunch, I’m glad you enjoyed them.  And sorry about the postage 😉

Kyote – Okay buddy.

Alexander – It was a labor of love.  I need a little break, the wife is going to kill me!  It’s not the playing the games, it’s the writing them up and posting that takes so long!  So, no batreps this week, my weekend turned into a massive painting project.  Not fun, but needed to be done.  Now I’ll be getting back to gaming 😉

Vicki – Thanks, and machinery and crates, eh?  Well, some people are just never happy! 😉  And you know what, I really like your point about ‘what do we do now?’  I’ll probably even use that in a batrep!  And I can’t wait to see a batrep from you.  Now hurry up!

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

I did get a Team Yankee game in yesterday, I took 98 points of BAOR  against 100 points of Soviets in a No Retreat game and my Brit infantry killed off 8 of 21  T-72’s  the Chieftains got all but 2 of the rest.

The locals and I kick off a Team Yankee Northern Flank campaign game this Sunday weather  permitting.

Jack, ya buy the Boy those Cowboy Boots yet ???

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.