Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Short (?) delays at Crom’s Anvil.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

There may be delays in creative output from myself for the short term future.
    (Packing of orders and getting news onto TWW should not be affected as that requires no creative thought.)

Long Story Short:

My daughter has autism and anxiety and we had to home educate her for 2 years as her old school could not manage.
    She returned to mainstream education this year, but they cannot manage either and it is proving to be incredibly stressful and tiring for all involved.

Most days the school send her home as her anxiety is such that she can’t manage to get to lessons and I spend the morning dreading a phone call from them to say she has run off/had a panic attack and can I come get her.
    This has been going on for about 4 weeks so far.

My creative energy is being used up by the worries about my daughters education/future and trying to fight to get it sorted.

Hopefully it will sort soon and she can have as normal a life as possible, but until then it does mean I am unable to be as creative as I would like and so new things may be delayed.

Many apologies.

Steve Johnson
    Participant

No need to apologise Michael! Family comes first and all that. Big hugs from us here in Hanham.

Guy Farrish
    Participant

Sorry to hear how difficult it is at the moment. Best wishes as always.

Stroezie
    Participant

Having gone through almost the exact same thing with my youngest daughter I can feel your pain and I get your worrying about her future.
    For us it really turned around once we could get her into a special education school. I realise that for some people making the decision to send their kid to a spec.ed. shool carries some stigma but for our daughter the difference way day and night. In about one to two weeks time school went from something she dreaded to being fun again and she’s well on her way to regaining her learning deficit.
    Al this to say, hang in there, things will get better.
    And don’t worry about Crom’s Anvil content for the site, I’ll just push all of the stuff I’ve bought from you to the front of my painting que and start posting ASAP.😉

Stay strong,
    Stroezie.

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

Take care of the family first.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Hugs, Michael!

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Dan Kennedy
    Participant

Games can wait. Your kid is more important (obviously you know that but somehow it feels  important to let you know that literally everyone else thinks the same as you).

I  hope you’re able to access the help you all need. I have a close relative in the same situation as yourselves and I know things can be all-consuming under these circumstances. Without getting too political, it’s certainly harder than it should be these days, though most people at the coalface of SEN education are fighting the good fight; I hope you have some of them in your corner.

Best wishes.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear about this, Michael. How very difficult for you and your family, and while I haven’t had that exact issue with my children, I’ve had a number of others (one daughter leaving for a MRI in 15 minutes), and I know every parent understands what a stressful journey parenting can be – well worth it, but stressful. So, as everyone else has said, take care of yourself and your family – hobby things pale in comparison.

OldBen1
    Participant

When it rains it pours.   Take Care!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.